Menu

color picker

Don R
2008-01-01
2012-11-14
  • Don R

Don R - 2008-01-01

There is a color picker on the plugin page but there is no source code and it only outputs html color code. If I could find an easy to follow set of tutorials for writing plugins for notepad++ in Delphi, I would write the plugin myself. I found a Delphi template and a Free Pascal template but I am still lost.

I would like output in a variety of formats similar to what Color Cop does.

I am aware that Windows has a color dialog but I also believe in building a better mouse trap. Efg' reference library ( http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/Color.htm ) has some good ideas for a better color picking interface.

Don

• Don R

Don R - 2008-01-05

Your information helps a lot. It is gold.

I downloaded both plugins and the source code.

Thanks,
      Don

• fidvo

fidvo - 2008-01-04

If you're working in Delphi, I recommend downloading the source code for either the DBGP plugin or the Simple Script plugin and working from that.  In fact, I would recommend downloading both so you can compare them to see what parts are necessary and what parts are specific to the plugins themselves.

I'm the author of Simple Script, so I'm most familiar with it and therefore my instructions below assume you're using Simple Script as a template to work from.

Basically, in your new project you need to include everything in the \lib subfolder, get rid of the units in the base folder that you don't need, then rename and modify simplescriptplugin.pas to handle the menu setup, the messages to Notepad++, and opening the forms.

Read this post for more clarification:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1889259&forum_id=482781

Note: If you plan to make a dockable form, Simple Script has some issues at the moment, so be careful about using it as an example of creating a form.

I hope this helps.