Menu

Notepad++ v4.7.2 final release

Don HO
2008-01-03
2012-11-13
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2008-01-03

As you can notice, Notepad++ is suffering the regressions due to important modifications and enhancement.
    I apologize for the inconvenience, and hope there's no more regression in v4.7.2 :

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=95717&package_id=102072

However, no one is perfect (even me :D), so there could be (I hope not) still some critical bugs.
    Use this version (in which the native language doesn't show for menu item is fixed) and let me know if there're still some annoying regressions.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

I can't indent multiple lines at once by selecting a bunch of text and pressing TAB anymore. This used to work.

• Nobody/Anonymous

If the next is v4.7.3, then this is definitely the final v4.7.2 release, *lol*.
      (I missed that word on all prior releases.)

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-01-05

Indeed ;)

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

On XP, when I start the bin version of notepad++ 4.7.2 with Admin rights, following error message appears:

----------------
      FTP_synchronize

No settings were available and unable to create new settingfile.
      The plugin will not work
      ----------------

When I create the directoty plugins under %APPDATA% (C:\Documents and Settings\user\AppData\Notepad++) myself,
      the error disappears, because all plugin inis now can be copied into this directory (%APPDATA%\plugins\Config).
      The subdirectory Config is automatically created. Sorry for my bad english.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I don't know if this is the improvement in horizontal scrolling mentioned before, but I don't like it.

The horizontal scroll bar seems to (re)size itself according to the visible part of the file only. This means that there will be _no_ scroll bar if all lines fit on the screen regarding their lengths.

It also means the scroll bar will appear again as soon as one line is longer than the screen is wide. But, if this is because you move the cursor down from the last fully visible line, the scroll bar will appear over the now selected next line, making it partially invisible.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I do not have this problem at all. The
        scrollbar works normal as in any other
        program I have. I works on a short as
        well a long line.

As I indicated to the post about the
        CRTL-F find problem, I have always
        installed the zipped download of
        NotePad++. Also, to a root directory
        named NotePad++.

BTW, on an XP Home mechine.

???

BillBo

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have the same problem here, its very anoying because i cant scroll to the right when i want to. I have to select the line and move to the right.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Same bug... XP SP2
      -----
      FTP_synchronize

No settings were available and unable to create new settingfile.
      The plugin will not work
      -----

• Harry

Harry - 2008-01-04

FTP_synchronize 0.9.5.2 should fix the mentioned bug.
      The scrollbar was altered because the one previoulsly used was rather ineffective, the size was an estimate of the largest line of all the files opened and so it took time to open multiple large files and sometimes it wasnt long enough so text was invisible.

I suppose the scrollbar could be made permanently visible as it usually was before since once displayed, the old scrollbar never disappeared. I can add it in but its up to Don HO to decide (probably more a Notepad 4.8 thing which may take a while to be released).

• Nobody/Anonymous

> The scrollbar was altered because the one previoulsly used was rather ineffective

Right, at least it worked then...

• Nobody/Anonymous

Is there something wrong with the updater? I have N++ 4.7 installed but updater says "No update is available."

By the way: thank you for this great program :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Why setting is stored in %APPDATA%Notepad++ instead of notepad++.exe directory?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Allows for per-user settings.

• Nobody/Anonymous

hey where is the function list. I upgraded from 4.6 now it is missing. :D anyway great work.

• Nobody/Anonymous

The function list disappeard with a previous v4.7 release. Look back just a little on the thread list.

• Nobody/Anonymous

The proxy issue still exists in this version too.  Using the zipped bin files, manually creating the "updater" folder for the GUP, and entering the proxy info in the gupoptions.xml causes an error that it "could not resolve the proxy. Host not found."  The proxy and port entered are correct (as used in IE and Firefox).

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Don,

Thanks for your hard work! I'm using v4.6 for a while and pretty satisfied with it.

Just tried v4.7.2 and noticed an issue.

With previous v4.6, I enabled NPP to remember all files for next time so that I don't both to re-open them one by one, but it looks like even an upgrade installation doesn't keep this file list. I didn't see any files re-opened in v4.7.2.

And I tried to use my session file (with .session as extension) in v4.7.2, again nothing comes out. This feature works very well in v4.6.

It's very easy to duplicate this problem. there might be a glitch when new version trying to load from file list.

Thanks,
      Junjiang

• Nobody/Anonymous

If you look just a little back in history, you will find this problem has been reported from an earlier V4.7 release. Due to a small change in the session file layout, N++ doesn't read the file(name)s to open anymore.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1902095&forum_id=331753

• jive

jive - 2008-01-05

auto update yet?

• Nobody/Anonymous

it's not a bug, but a little mistake...

goto [edit]->[column editor]->Number to insert.

there is a spelling mistake in "Leading zeros" (the i in "Leading" is missing)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
      nice program been using 3.5 for a long time. finally decided to upgrade.  found a small bug in the toolbar.

What happens is that I have both the color picker and the debugger installed.  on the toolbar the color picker is not visible at all.  but if you hover your mouse over the button for the debugger, the balloon text says it is the color picker.  click on it and you get debugger.   everything works fine from the menu.

Not sure exactly what specific thing is causing this so here is comprehensive steps of what I did.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Uninstall previous version via control panel
      2) run the automatic installer: npp.4.7.3.Installer.exe
      3) Choose c:\apps\notepad++  for the target folder
      4) Tell it to save settings file in the the programs folder

5) run n++ make sure it is working

6) Extract all of the following plugins and copy to the plugins folder.  in the case of conflict leave the already existing file.

color_picker_v1.1.zip
      ComparePlugin_1.5.zip
      DBGpPlugin_0_6b_dll.zip
      HexEditor_0_8_4_dll.zip
      NppDocUpdater_1_0_dll.zip

7) run n++

result: the bug as described above.

codeslinger at compsalot (no spam) com

• Nobody/Anonymous

This will probably get fixed in a next release when the Shortcutmapper changes (sounds unrelated but its not). Its because the plugin registers the icon but without a (empty) shortcut.

-Harry

• Nobody/Anonymous

.nfo

Trying to open file with this extension make notepad++ die with software error 0xc000000d.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Oh, changing extension .nfo to .txt or .info, e.g. makes all work nice

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)