I will be glad to see this feature.
    Please Don add it !!

Thanks for your great work.

Mauro

• irradium

irradium - 2008-02-27

Hi Don,
      thanks again for your great work.
      I've just downloaded the 4.8 version but I didn't find anything about this feature that I've asked sometimes ago.
      I only want to know if you plan to add this feature in the next version(s) or if I must forget that?
      Anyway thaks again to Don and all the plugin's developer.

Regards

Mauro

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-02-27

This feature need to modify Scitilla (the component that Notepad++ uses) code, so I don't think it's possible.

Don

• Alexander Iljin

Alexander Iljin - 2008-02-28

The Compare plugin highlights changes pretty well using the bookmark bar.
          I guess the requested line change indicators could be implemented as a plugin.

• MMTsuchi

MMTsuchi - 2009-03-23

I found a mistake, It happens like that :
            - use __compare plugin 1.5.2__ Unicode (Alt-D shortcut)
            - clear compare results
            - and then try to bookmark (Ctrl-F2 or mouse click)

As a consequence, no bookmark symbol, just the line appears in a "gray" font color.

------ Notepad++ 5.3 unicode (installer) and compare plugin 1.5.2 unicode (downloaded from sourceforge) -----
            Very useful application, thanks (again and again and again ;-))

• Nobody/Anonymous

It would also probably only be practical if it didn't require a ton of resources.  I would much rather be able to open very large files and edit them rather rather than have some bookkeeping features, however nice they might be.

But Don indicates it aint likely to happen anyway.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I would rather see some flashy animation in the background to make work more fun than being able to edit large files...

• Nobody/Anonymous

Well, what is it that you want? You only want to show the line number in bold if the line has changed??

• Nobody/Anonymous

The best for me is something on the  left side bar (i.e changing the colour of the bookmarks bar that already exist) but other ideas could be better....

Mauro

• Nobody/Anonymous

As you describe would be a most excellent feature (with left side bar indicator) but since so few (?) programs do this, perhaps there's an unkind amount of overhead.  I sure would like to see it though.

• Nobody/Anonymous

It's great! Just like Eclipse!!

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm glad you like it.