Menu

Light Explorer - Bug?

2007-10-25
2012-11-14
  • John Bowman

John Bowman - 2007-10-25

Light Explorer (in N++ 4.4) it is only showing some of my files, and not all of them...   I can not for the life of me figure out why I can't see my other files.  Can you explain this behavior or at least tell me how I can make it show all of my files?

-john

p.s.  NotePad++ Rocks Socks!!!!

• Nobody/Anonymous

this is not a good workaround - the archive flag is used by the backup program to recognize files that have to be backed up!!!

• John Bowman

John Bowman - 2007-10-29

does anyone have any ideas about this?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

We have the same problem. We found out
        that this happens on Windows 2003 Server
        shares (shared drives). We have reported
        the problem as bug 1815683.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

We have the same problem. It happens if
        your files are on Windows 2003 Server
        Shares (shared drives).

• Nobody/Anonymous

Just a message to tell we have the same problem (myself + 4 of my colleagues). We have it often enough to detect if it is solved or not, but have not found a way to reproduce it 100%.

It usually happens when we checkout a file from our version system (ie: clear the read only flag, maybe some other small modifications) on a samba-mounted network drive.  The sad part is, it's usually those files we want to modify :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi.

For me it happens locally as well.

I believe a file has to be flagged with the archive attribute to show up.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I Confirm this bug file local file system on XP:
        - files that do not have the archive flag set are not shown (only void directories)

Workaround is to set the flag a directory level and apply the changes to all files/sub-dir