Menu

Compile problem unresolved external symbol

2007-09-29
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I am using MS VS 2003 (ver. 7.1...) and having problems to compile notepad 4.3. After solving one compile problem (the <pair<int, int>> problem) only one problem left:

Notepad++ error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual int __stdcall ColumnEditorDlg::run_dlgProc(unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?run_dlgProc@ColumnEditorDlg@@MAGHIIJ@Z)

• Nobody/Anonymous

2Don, which resource editor do you use?

• Don HO

Don HO - 2007-10-02

Notepad++ :)

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

It seems some new files wasn't added to VC7 project %)
      You should find the file which contains string "ColumnEditorDlg::run_dlgProc" and add it to the project manually

• Nobody/Anonymous

where is this file, I looked through the whole project

• qwesp

qwesp - 2007-10-05

For me, it's
          <project root>\PowerEditor\src\ScitillaComponent\columnEditor.cpp

It worked for me, now it only says that
          Notepad++ error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..."

hmm...

• Nobody/Anonymous

nevermind stupid question, they are in \PowerEditor\src\ScitillaComponent.

I did notice though that the \PowerEditor\src\font directory is not included with the source files for 4.3. This caused error thrown in Visual Studio 7:

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..."

the problem was that a batch file temporarily is created to copy over config.xml, langs.xml, etc. as well as LINEDRAW.TTF from the "src" directory to the "bin" directory. It was looking for /src/font/LINEDRAW.TTF. After copying over that folder (from version 4.2.1 of the source files) to my 4.3 src directory, everything worked.

• pjkaus

pjkaus - 2007-10-01

The font directory containing LINEDRAW.TTF has been missing from the source distribution and svn since 4.2 and this has been pointed out several times by myself and others in these forums but so far no response from developers. The truetype font file is included in the program directory with binary installs and with older source distributions which are still available via cvs. If you are posting here I presume you have it already but if not download binary npp.4.3.zip. Create directory font under source and copy LINEDRAW.TTF from root of zip to font directory.

Since 4.2 npp has included a Cmake source file which should be able to be used to make makefiles for mingw and codeblocks. I haven't explored this as I find it easier to compile using Microsoft C++ Express.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2007-10-01

LINEDRAW.TTF is commit in svn.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

the batch file in question you'll see in BuildLog.html if there is an error, it is run as a post build event once the build is complete in Visual Studio.