Menu

An internal error occured during launching

2007-09-09
2013-03-15
  • nocturna_gr

nocturna_gr - 2007-09-09

Hi,
    i have pydev on Eclipse 3.2.1 and Debian amd64. When i try to execute a Python script by right-clinking and pressing on "Run as" -> "Jython Run", i get
    "An internal error occured during launching"

What's the problem?

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-09-09

What do you have in your error log? Which pydev version are you using?

• nocturna_gr

nocturna_gr - 2007-09-09

I have Pydev 1.3.8. Where can i find the logs?

• Fabio Zadrozny

At window->show view->other->PDE Runtime->Error log.

• nocturna_gr

nocturna_gr - 2007-09-09

I followed the link you gave and  added "/usr/share/java/jython2.1.jar" in the "External Source Folders (and jars if jython)" field, after i created a new structured correctly project. I have the same error message, although the error log is different this time:

eclipse.buildId=M20060921-0945
          java.fullversion=GNU libgcj 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-20)
          BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
          Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

Error
          Sun Sep 09 14:46:51 UTC 2007
          An internal error occurred during: "Launching".

java.lang.RuntimeException: The jython jar must be specified as the interpreter to run. Found: /usr/bin/python2.4
              at org.python.pydev.debug.ui.launching.PythonRunnerConfig.getCommandLine(PythonRunnerConfig.java:410)
              at org.python.pydev.debug.ui.launching.PythonRunner.run(PythonRunner.java:100)
              at org.python.pydev.debug.ui.launching.AbstractLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(AbstractLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:50)
              at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:639)
              at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:565)
              at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:754)
              at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:944)
              at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

• nocturna_gr

nocturna_gr - 2007-09-09

java.version=1.5.0_10
      java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
      Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

Error
      Sun Sep 09 12:08:43 UTC 2007

java.lang.RuntimeException: The jython jar must be specified as the interpreter to run. Found: /usr/bin/python2.4
      at org.python.pydev.debug.ui.launching.PythonRunnerConfig.getCommandLine(PythonRunnerConfig.java:410)
      at org.python.pydev.debug.ui.launching.AbstractLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(AbstractLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:50)
      at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:639)
      at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:565)
      at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:754)

• nocturna_gr

nocturna_gr - 2007-09-09

In Window-> Preferences, i have specified the jython jar

• Fabio Zadrozny

Humm... that should have a better error message. The problem is that you must configure your project as jython (http://fabioz.com/pydev/manual_101_project_conf2.html).

Cheers,

Fabio

• nocturna_gr

nocturna_gr - 2007-09-09

[that message was posted out of order... re-posting sorry]

I followed the link you gave and added "/usr/share/java/jython2.1.jar" in the "External Source Folders (and jars if jython)" field, after i created a new structured correctly project. I have the same error message, although the error log is different this time:

java.fullversion=GNU libgcj 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-20)
      Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

Error
      Sun Sep 09 14:46:51 UTC 2007

• Fabio Zadrozny

Actually, you shouldn't add that jar there... add the jar only in the preferences (window > preferences > pydev > Interpreter - Jython) and in your project properties (project > properties > PyDev - project  type) set your project as jython 2.1.

Cheers,

Fabio

• nocturna_gr

nocturna_gr - 2007-09-09

Thanks fabioz,
          did as you suggested and everything works OK now! Confirming...