Menu

Pydev update causes using navigator to assert

2007-07-20
2013-03-15
  • Erik Purins

Erik Purins - 2007-07-20

Hey, thanks for creating and supporting a great python IDE.

I've accepted the updates for pydev to 1.3.8, and every time I select an entry in the file Navigator, I get an error dialog.
    It looks like the Mylar integration hasn't been successfully updated, or maybe there's some integration issue? I haven't experience this issue with the last update.

I've dropped the log for one of the error items into https://skull.piratehaven.org/~epu/files/pydev.log - any help or suggestions would be appreciated, since it renders my eclipse instance unusable.

-e

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-07-20

It seems that your pydev install is somehow corrupted (actually, it appears that an old version is conflicting with a new version... the name change from mylar to mylyn is probably the cause of this)

If you have an old version, try removing old org.python.pydev.mylar plugins from your eclipse/features and eclipse/plugins.

If that fails, try removing all org.python.pydev.mylyn (note the different name for the plugin) versions and reinstalling it.

If that still doesn't solve it, please report back (and specify which Eclipse/Mylyn versions are you using -- if you're using an old version of mylar, please update to a newer version of mylyn).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Erik Purins

Erik Purins - 2007-07-20

Thanks! Updating to the latest 3.2 mylyn integration at http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/downloads/ did the trick.
      Is there a way to make the package depend on a minimum mylyn integration so it won't install unless mylyn is already up-to-date?
      -e

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-07-20

That actually already happens... that's why you got the problem:

the old org.python.pydev.mylar plugin expected a given structure from pydev (which the new pydev version didn't have), but as mylar was there, the old pydev mylar integration plugin was the one being used... which caused the whole problem (actually, the old version of mylar is unsupported, so, it wasn't updated to the newest pydev -- and is only kept for those wanting to use older versions).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Erik Purins

Erik Purins - 2007-07-20

Wow, thanks for explaining that (and maintaining it!) for me.
      Back to being productive ...
      -e