Menu

Dashboard GUI enhancement

Developers
2007-07-06
2013-03-08
  • Trifon (An ADempiere founder)

Dear Adempierians,

For a second time Stefan Kuthan contributed a GUI enhancement. This time a BIG one.

http://www.adempiere.com/wiki/index.php/Adempiere_GUI_Enhancements#Dashboard_.2F_graph_package

I would like to see this in trunk that's why i cast my vote:
    [+1] to have it in trunk.

There a things that we should change:
    1) logo of company on the right side.

Many thanks to Stefan!!!

Kind regards,
    Trifon

P.S. 
    Link to sf.net contribution request:
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=883808&aid=1748932&group_id=176962

• Redhuan D. Oon

Redhuan D. Oon - 2007-07-06

as promised stefan kuthan is there http://www.adempiere.org/

• karsten-thiemann

Hi,

I'd like to see Stefan on our project developers list!

Regards,
        Karsten

• Heng Sin

Heng Sin - 2007-07-09

+1 from me too :)

Regards,
          Low

• karsten-thiemann

Hi,

do I still need to install it with 2Pack?

Regards,
            Karsten

Hi Karsten,

>do I still need to install it with 2Pack?

Yes.
              This will create new table.

Kind regards,
              Trifon

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2007-07-09

Hi, using this post for several purposes.

1 - Good to have Stefan in mentored committer list, first I would want to organize a little the mentor/mentored approach - going to the other thread to look for proposals.

About
            > - using 2pack for now until there are better
            > solutions for migration and ID management.

2 - I think until a new procedure is implemented, we must stick to the migration script.
            Adding a 2pack migration package at this moment - with no clear procedure - just add a new layer of problems for us giving support and for those migrating.
            2pack is really unstable, some days work, some days not.

I know that construction of migration scripts are a nightmare - but at least they have done the upgrade process easier - we're open to hear proposals and construct new procedure for this.
            Until now, we have what we have -> migration scripts  :-(

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

• Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Ruiz - 2007-07-09

> 2 - I think until a new procedure is implemented,
              > we must stick to the migration script.

I just uploaded the migration script for dashboard for Oracle.
              I don't have postgres to test at these moments.

Can someone committers please:

1 - Test the oracle migration script
              2 - Create the corresponding postgres migration script

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

• Heng Sin

Heng Sin - 2007-07-08

Hi all,

I've incorporated this into trunk.

Again, many thanks to Stefan.

Regards,
      Low

• Victor Perez Juarez

Hi Low!

>>[ 1748932 ] enhanced dashboard / graph package
        >>- using 2pack for now until there are better solutions for migration and ID management.
        >>( I really do not see the need to do ID management and reversation if we have no need to use hard coded ID in code ).

I am totally agree with you, we do not need reservation becasue 2pack solve this issue. but when I told with Teo we caht about the control the Primariy key (Value, Name), Now we need think how can have control to do not overwrite some element of other development.

Kind regards
        Victor Perez
        www.e-evolution.com

• Marco LOMBARDO

Marco LOMBARDO - 2007-07-09

Hi Victor,

I'm try to address this problem and many others here:
            http://www.adempiere.com/wiki/index.php/Freeway

2Pack is great but I think it's time to step forward.

Please add your ideas/use cases to the Freeway project.

Have fun,
          Mar
          Compilo subAdministrator

• Joel Stangeland

Joel Stangeland - 2007-07-27

Hello Stefan,

this is very cool, improves the whole first impression of the application!

What is the purpose of the box at the top of the main page (above the graphs)  ?

It looks like some kind of text box, but there is nothing in it and it is not editable.

Thanks, JoelS

Hi Joel,

>What is the purpose of the box at the top of the main page (above the graphs) ?
        >
        >It looks like some kind of text box, but there is nothing in it and it is not editable.

If i understadn correctly you question and this customization i think that answer is:

In this place Adempiere will display records defined in PA Dashboard window.
        This customizationa add one new table i think that the name was PA Dashboard.

Kind regards,
        Trifon

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2007-07-27

Joel,
        you can enter text that appears here in the new dashboard maintenance window (just put dash in the menu search box).
        I think I read you can enter html too!?
        If I understood correct you would enter some description of what the KPIs or some goals in text form.

colin

• girisho

girisho - 2007-12-02

Gui Enahancements are great....I like them tooo.

• Paul Aviles

Paul Aviles - 2007-12-19

Would it be possible to create something similar to this dashboard with the current implementation?

http://www.nickelnetworks.com/Dashboard/Dashboard.jpg

The ability to view the receivables and payables pie is very nice, plus the other informatinon groups too. This is from a SMB well known product availabe here in the US.

Perhaps in the future we could have the ability to create dashlets, where you add and customize your own components. To see what I mean go to http://demo.infoathand.net/index.php?action=Login&module=Users
      user and pass are "admin" and see the dashboard. You can move things around and create an extensible UI.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

> Would it be possible to create something similar to this dashboard with the current implementation?
        >
        >http://www.nickelnetworks.com/Dashboard/Dashboard.jpg

Everuthing is possible.
        We are here to make things possible.

Kind regards,
        Trifon

• Colin Rooney

Colin Rooney - 2007-12-20

What is possible with the current implementation is to create "goals" which are assigned to user "roles" you can create and assign as many or few goals as you wish.  The goals are displayed as meters to the left but in addition the first two goals are displayed as bar charts to the bottom of the dashboard.  In addition you can create multiple entries in the "Dashboard Content" and include any goal in the DashBoard Content pane (Note while the goals are role based the dashboard content seems to be generic to the whole system or client at least)  which will present the goal data as a table with optional text.

colin

• karsten-thiemann

Hi,

do we have a tutorial (in wiki) or something like that about the creation of 'goals'?

Regards,
          Karsten

• Colin Rooney

Hi Karsten,
            It's the same functionality that existed in Compiere  - Performance Goals as defined in the "Performance Measurement" submenu of "Performance Analysis"
            In the wiki I think there are just the generated pages.

colin

• Paul Aviles

Paul Aviles - 2007-12-20

That is the thing. As for a goal you must define the top value explicitly in the ADempiere client. For it to work this way, I guess the "goal" will be the sum of all the open receivables for example and the group them by aging as so

0-30
          31-60
          61-90
          Over 90

But I don't think that is possible today or is it?

Regards,

Paul

• Colin Rooney

Oh you mean specifically the pie chart of the Aged Invoices?

Well when defining the "Performance Goal" you define the "Measure Display".  This determines the "bars" breakdown of the data but this is limited to time periods such as Month, Qtr, week etc...
            30, 60, 90 days etc are roughly months so maybe that would be acceptable!? But >90 is never going to fit.
            Even so the cacluation of the aged data is actually more complex ... the Aging report itself requires a process to generate the data which is stored in a temp table.  It all depends on the circumstances of your implementation; A simply scenario with 1 invocie and 1 payment is not too complex but with payment schedules and complex payment terms the problem becomes a little more ... inviolved! 

Is it possible today without changing any code... I haven't tried but I would doubt it.  Of course because the source is there it can be changed and then as Trifon say anything is possible!

colin

• Colin Rooney

Actually I just noticed the "Total Oopen Service Requests" performance goal is broken down by Status not Month.  This is because it's based on a measure with a "Measure Data Type" of "Status Qty/Amount"  ? I could guess at the difference but to be honest I never noticed it before.  But it looks like it's a little more flexible than I said.  Still the dials themselves are hardcoded so to add Pie Charts (while possible because they are based on JFreeChart which include Pie Charts) would mean code changes.

colin