Menu

JadClispe -> Decompile does nothing (3.2)

Help
diyfiesta
2006-11-02
2014-04-24
  • diyfiesta

diyfiesta - 2006-11-02

Hi,

Downloaded net.sf.jadclipse_3.2.3.jar and Jad 1.5.8g for Windows 9x/NT/2000 on Intel platform and installed the plugin correctly. I've set the preferences up pointing to the install directory (C:\jad\jad.exe) and the file association is correct.

When I open a .class file, I get the standard class file viewer and a new menu JadClipse. However, when I go into that and click 'Decompile', nothing happens! I don't get any errors on-screen on in the eclipse log, it just doesn't do anything.

I've tried adding jad.exe to the path and using the default preferences but it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

I can post my specific eclipse version details if its helpful but its basically;

Version: 3.2.1
    Build id: M20060921-0945

with WTP, AJDT and subversion plugin.

Thanks

• loomax

loomax - 2006-11-02

did you run eclipse.exe -clean      to reconfigure eclipse ?

• diyfiesta

diyfiesta - 2006-11-02

yep, from the command line (windows)

:(

• MikeO

MikeO - 2006-11-15

I to have the same problem as . I installed the latest version of Jad (1.5.8g), jadclipse jar file, have the full path (and even tried adding it to the path in Windows), the class extension is set to jadclipse as the default.

I am on Eclipse 3.2.1, Windows 2000.

When I open the class file using jadeclipse, I get what appears to be the Eclipse standard class viewer, I do have jadclipse on the toolbar, and I have the jad icon.

When I click decompile nothing happens.  What should happen?

When I open a class file using jadclipse should I not see the jadclipse viewer with the the jadclipse tag line?

Thanks!

• diyfiesta

diyfiesta - 2006-11-15

Mine still doesn't work when opening the file as you describe, however, I spotted that it does decompile it when I do an 'F3' when highlighting a class which I don't have the source to. For example, if you're using a JRE with eclipse (as opposed to setting eclipse up pointing the the JDK) try hitting F3 when a standard Java class is highlighted. Check at the top of the resulting file for a comment that includes some reference to JAD. If you're pointing to a JDK, set the 'ignore source' tickbox on the properties and it'll do the same thing (instead of looking up the source).

So, basically, its kind of working for me except when I open a .class file explicitly.

Cheers

ps, please feel free to post again if you get anywhere! :)

• MikeO

MikeO - 2006-11-16

Thanks!

On a project, for most jar files that are defined in the build path I can highlite the class and hit F3 or just double click as you said. There a few jars that the Eclipse Class Viewer comes up instead of jadclipse. For example, the com.sun.corba.se.extension in rt.jar won't come up under jadclipse. Some of our home grown jars have the same issue. Some work, some don't. I have not figured this one out yet.

I was also trying to click (extract to $jarplug.work), using the JarPlug view, on the class in the jar file in the maven repo area but I cannot get past the "Source not found"/"There is no source file attached to the class file..." message when using open with either jadclipse or the eclipse viewer.

It will work if I had the jar file to the libraries and then click on the jar file assoicated to the buildpath.

Getting there, slowly but surely.

• Andreas

Andreas - 2007-01-07

I'm experiencing the same problem with JadClipse 3.2.4, JAD 1.5.8g, Eclipse 3.2.1 (Build id: M20060921-0945), Java 1.6 (build 1.6.0-b105) on Windows 2000 SP 4.

None of the above suggestions, nor following the troubleshooting section made any difference.

• Kaytson Hartung

Kaytson Hartung - 2007-02-01

I am expericieng the same problem... if I hit f3 it goes. But if I double click on the class it does not decompile the thing. Did someone found a solution? Regards

• Peng Li

Peng Li - 2007-02-06

i have just installed JadClipse 3.2.4 and JAD 1.5.8g for Eclipse 3.2.0 and have also the same problem. my experience shows that it does work but just for .class file which belongs to jar-file and was already added in the Java Build Path per Library Definition of your project. In this way it works then perfect :-)

• SCott

SCott - 2007-04-24

I am using the myeclipse plugin and am also having the same problem.  Maybe I misunderstood some of the workarounds?  I can see the JadClipse menu tree under java in the preferences.  The contents type preferences have JadClipse Class File Viewer as the default.  The JadClipse item under Java (within preferences) has the path to the decompiler set correctly.  The directory for temporary files exists (but is empty).

JadClipse.sf.net version 3.2.4 (net.sf.jadclipse_3.2.4.jar)
      jadnt158.zip
      MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench Version 5.1.1 GA
      Eclipse Version: 3.2.2
      java version "1.5.0_08"

• volatile_memory

volatile_memory - 2007-05-18

Same problem.

* Eclipse 3.2.2.r322_v20070119
      * Mac OS X 10.4.9
      * jadclipse 3.2.4
      * jad 1.5.8g

Tried all the above steps, clean start, explicitly setting path to jad in Eclipse, etc.

What's going on? Any developers watching this thread? Is this a bug of some kind?

v.m

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2007-05-21

I had the same problems, but you could solve these with a little trick:
      Use the External Tools to execute jad!

*Main*
      Working Dir: ${workspace_loc:}/${container_path}
      Arguments: -v -o -s ".java" "${resource_loc}

*Refresh*
      The folder containing the selected resource
      Recursively

*Common*
      Display in favorites menu "External Tools"

With this configuration I can decompile all class files within the source path (includes *.class on build path).
      Mark a .class file and execute the JAD-External-Tool. The .java file will be visible in the dedicated package.

Andre

• Tihomir Ilic

Tihomir Ilic - 2007-08-17

Are you sure that you set jadclipse as DEFAULT file editor (Preferences->File Associations) for *.class files?
      - Tihomir

• Daniele Gariboldi

Now it's OK: Eclipse 3.3 jad 1.5.8g jadclipse 3.3.0.
      Binary classes (.class) must be in a folder inside the build path of a java project.
      Otherwise you get nothing, neither an error log, and the class file is open with the original eclipse editor, even if you set as default jadclipse.

Should at least give a warning, don't you think so ?