Menu

Gaim Buddy Icons

2007-03-19
2013-01-14
  • personalshopper

personalshopper - 2007-03-19

While setting up gaim for the jabber protocol I having a couple of issues the first is an error message the buddy Icon I am adding is to large. I have already checked the size and its 1.8 kb. I have change the file format and its still to large. I restart and try it again and it still says its too large. Also when I setting up the buddy icons is not showing up on another buddy accounts as having a picture. I am trying to use the flush buddy icons plug in but nothing happens. Can anyone help?

• step

step - 2007-03-19

https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1695869&forum_id=665

Read that thread, and try as suggested (Buddies->Show Buddy Details).  Does that help?

• personalshopper

Show buddy details is on. I have set up a jabber server with wildfire on it. I have about 70 users on it. I am trying to get the buddy icon to show each user. Some of the users are unable to add the icons because it says they are to small when the image is only 1.8kb. Other users cannot see the newer buddy icons.

• personalshopper

personalshopper - 2007-03-20

Anyone have any other ideas or tips?

• Etan Reisner

Etan Reisner - 2007-03-20

What file format are you using? What size dimensions does the image have? What is the exact error message gaim is giving you when you try to use it?

• jon13doe

jon13doe - 2007-04-08

I am having the same problem.  The exact message is "The file [path excluded] is too large for Jabber.  Please try a smaller image."

• Harvey King

Harvey King - 2007-04-27

I *THINK* the size of buddy icon for jabber is 96x96.

Someone need to write a plugins to automatically resize the icon to their various upper limits at given protocol :)

Harv

• step

step - 2007-03-19

woops, misread your issue - not sure if that will help or not. 

What version are you using?

• personalshopper

2.0.6beta Version

• eapjvi

eapjvi - 2007-03-21

Yeah, I don't think the size in kb matters. It is the dimensions of the picture you want to use that matters. I think I had to change mine to 80x80 to get it work.

• Tiago Cruz

Tiago Cruz - 2007-04-23

Hello,

I've tried resizing one image for 80x80, change the extension (png -> png) and I can't put one simple avatar to work using jabber (google talk) on this version (2.0.0 beta6), only on msn network.

PS: Works as well one 2.0.0 beta5 version...

Gaim can't resize this automagic?

Thank's

• stef_204

stef_204 - 2007-04-08

Hi,
      You mention the "flush buddy icons plug in".
      Can you give me the link?  I need to flush some of my buddy icons that I don't want but can't on my own.
      Perhaps, the plug-in will work in my case.
      Thanks.