Menu

Suggestion box? Wishlist?

2007-03-07
2013-01-14
  • Kenneth G. Goutal

Is there a suggestion box, or a wishlist?

E.g.

I wish I could put the "toolbar" (with [IM] [Get Info] [Chat] [Away]) at the top rather than at the bottom.

I wish there were an "Away" button that would just "Set All Away", using the default away msg.

I wish that when I set "Away", it would minimize the buddy list and all other Gaim windows.

----
    Of course, maybe the developer would like some help.
    I'm not sure my system is up to the task, but I could look into it.

• Sean Egan

Sean Egan - 2007-03-07

That toolbar is totally gone in the 2.0.0 betas.

• Etan Reisner

Etan Reisner - 2007-03-08

Like Sean said, that toolbar is gone. In it's place is a status selector that by default controls all your enabled accounts, and there is a plugin (in both 1.5.0 and the 2.0.0 betas) called Iconify on Away that should do that last bit.

• Kenneth G. Goutal

Well.  Thank you very much for the swift answers to those "I wish" items.

Returning to topic, is there a suggestion box or wishlist?

• Etan Reisner

Etan Reisner - 2007-03-09

This forum (but only kind of), the Feature Request tracker, the gaim-devel mailing list, and the irc channels all work with different properties to each of them. The irc channel is the most immediate but least archived/persistent, the mailing list and this forum are about equally persistent though the mailing list is likely to get faster attention and more response, and the feature request tracker is by far the most persistent and tends to have an acceptable response time for most things (though a lot things get read and ignored).