Menu

Menu disappears in buddy list

yaip
2007-03-06
2013-01-14
  • yaip

yaip - 2007-03-06

This is driving me nuts. I have not been able to find why. The menu from the gaim buddy list window has disappeared. Why does it do that and more importantly, how do I get it back?

• Etan Reisner

Etan Reisner - 2007-03-06

Are you running gaim under Gnome?

• yaip

yaip - 2007-03-06

No. I am running it on XP Pro.

• Etan Reisner

Can you take a screenshot of this problem? What GTK+ theme did you choose during the gaim installation? What version of GTK+ and Glib are you using (Help->About will tell you if you can get there, if not the top of the 'gaim -d' output should also)?

• yaip

yaip - 2007-03-06

can't do Help->About as menu is missing. when i do gaim -d, it tells me could not read reg key 'hkcu' subkey 'software\gtk\2.0' value: 'path'.

• yaip

yaip - 2007-03-06

How do I attach a file? I want to send screen shots.

• Etan Reisner

Some other part of the gaim -d output should tell you the GTK+ version, that line isn't it. And you can't attach screenshots here, so either put them up on some webspace you have, use a image hosting site (not recommended) or open a bug report and attach it there. If you open a bug report make sure you indicate that the report is just a tracking report for this thread, otherwise it might get closed by someone.

• yaip

yaip - 2007-03-06

Is this the one:

GTK+ pathfound: C:\Program Files\GTK\2.0\bin
                Using SetDllDirectory
                Setting locale: LANG=en

Can you also point me to the URL to open a bug report. Or you can send me a private message with your email id.

• yaip

yaip - 2007-03-06

Bugs item #1675209

• Bob

Bob - 2007-03-07

I am having the same issue.  Changing the following in the prefs.xml file restored the titlebar.

<pref name='hidemenu' type='bool' value='1'/>

to

<pref name='hidemenu' type='bool' value='0'/>

• yaip

yaip - 2007-03-07

If you click on "configure plugin" for Buddy List Options 1.0beta6, you'll notice an option to show/hide menu.