Menu

syntax highlighting doesn't work

2007-02-13
2013-03-15
  • Amit Deokar

Amit Deokar - 2007-02-13

I am using Eclipse Version: 3.2.1 Build id: M20060921-0945 and just installed PyDev Extensions 1.2.7 and PyDev for Eclipse 1.2.7. I went through the process mentioned on http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/manual_101_root.html to try a basic example. The example.py mentioned there runs and prints "Hello World!" as expected, however there is no syntax highlighting. Code completion seemed to work fine. By the way, I have both Python 2.4.4 and 2.5 installed and I tried the example with both of them with getting the same results. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Amit

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-02-13

Do you have something in your error log?

• Amit Deokar

Amit Deokar - 2007-02-13

Nope. Nothing in there.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-02-14

Which other plugins (aside from pydev and the sdk) do you have installed?

• Amit Deokar

Amit Deokar - 2007-02-14

No other plugins other than PyDev and the SDK are installed. Wonder what the problem may be.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-02-15

Which OS do you have? Have you tried with 1.2.6 (there's a similar report to yours in ubuntu, so, it may be related...)

• Oleyb

Oleyb - 2009-06-25

Be sure you hit the "Default" button for the associated editor to be the Python editor for the *.py file type. Removing and re-adding the file association isn't enough.

The problem isn't that the association isn't there, it's that for some reason the associated editor is defaulting to "Text Editor" instead of "Python Editor". This should fix your problem.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-02-15

Please, take a look at the bug: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=577329&aid=1660583&group_id=85796 seems to be your case (and it offers a solution -- at least until I can find out why this is happening).

Cheers,

Fabio