Menu

Public Development branch

Acheron
2007-01-30
2012-11-13
  • Acheron

Acheron - 2007-01-30

Hi Donho,

If you want NotePad++ to improve quick why not create a public developement branch? With SVN or CVS people can work together on the project.
    I have also some wishes for 4.1

Please make the commands on the Run command menu editable, and adjustable per syntax language. So you can add several tools, compilers, etc to Notepad++ and display specific commands per language.

• Greg Bullock

Greg Bullock - 2007-01-30

You can edit those Run menu items in the file shortcuts.xml.  This doesn't make it easy to switch between languages, but at least it gives you some options.

Regards.
      Greg

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi hp38guser,

Why do you not modify the code at home and send your modificated files to Don? When it is a good implementation, I be sure he merge it with Notepad. I did this with new docking manager in Notepad.

Best Regards
      Jens

• Sune Marcher

Sune Marcher - 2007-01-31

Jens,

the problem with not having an updated (not necessarily writable, read-only is fine) CVS is that you can only test modifications against latest release source - which is bad if you make some modifications close to a new release, where a lot of changes might have happened.

And I still haven't heard anything from Don wrt. some patches I sent :(

• Don HO

Don HO - 2007-02-01

> And I still haven't heard anything from Don wrt. some patches I sent :(

I'm sorry, for some reasons (filter of spam?), I didn't get your patch.
          Could you send it again to don_DOT_h_AT_free_DOT_fr ?

Don

• Sune Marcher

Sune Marcher - 2007-02-01

I've tried sending the mail again, and I've put it at http://flork.dk/mail-don.txt and http://flork.dk/npp-3.9.diff in case it doesn't get through this time either. I hope the diff is in an acceptable format, I generated it with Beyond Compare.

Cheers!