Menu

I'm apalled

2006-07-07
2012-11-13
1 2 3 .. 5 > >> (Page 1 of 5)
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I am thoroughly disgusted in the fact that the N++ developers are peddling adult toys to fund their project.  They have disgraced a wonder product.  Due to their fund raising efforts I am no longer permitted to use their software at my work place.  It is frustrating.  I hope that Don Ho and the rest of the developer team will seriously reconsider what they sell on their home page.

• Gryphonvere

Gryphonvere - 2006-07-07

Erm...

Adult toys?  Peddling such things?  On the home page?  ^_-  (quizzically raised eyebrow) Perhaps you are confusing SF.net ads with something that falls under Don Ho's control.

"and the rest of the developer team" << That doesn't exist, as far as I'm aware..

• jmg_

jmg_ - 2006-07-07

You've lost me....
      Which web page do you mean ? - I can see lizards, and a small PCB portion on both browsers I tried.

Perhaps something was hacked or hijacked ?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm interested. Where can I find these adult toys?

• DooGie

DooGie - 2006-07-08

What the hell is this thread all about? I see no toys just a chameleon with a long tongue lol

• DooGie

DooGie - 2006-07-08

Oh seen it now and I think "so what". Quite a cute little number I think, I'll ask the wife her opinion on whether the thong would suit me.

• Nobody/Anonymous

check for a virus or spyware bud

• Nobody/Anonymous

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/goods.php
      Kind of disgusting. OK, I can understand N++ strings, its kinda fun, but N++ Love Vibrator and
      N++ Romantic Lover (High quality silicon) look like stupid joke.

I love N++, but this support thing realy upsets me.

Thanks.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2006-07-07

Like it or not, the stupid joke will stay.

Don

• Gryphonvere

Gryphonvere - 2006-07-07

Come on..... you think there's _any_ way that N++ thongs, vibrators or other such paraphenalia might ever be sold?

Ah well, here's to the sheer variability of humour -- I snicker these products' ludicrousness, and the same get someone else's knickers in a knot.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2006-07-07

:)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I think its more of a joke than anything else.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Do you find it funny? It is well designed web site, there is no space for such things (IMHO).
      Pink font doesn't even looks good =)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I LOVE N++ Thong !!!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Give me a break - get over it - you are to tight up.  Get a life!

NotePad++ rules.

• tom hirashima

tom hirashima - 2006-07-11

well, if you don't like their fund raising efforts, have you ever considered donating to the project instead? maybe don wouldn't have to sell anything in order to support N++ if he got enough donations.

if the product page wasn't just a joke or done for fun, that is :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

some of us just don't have the same sense of humour.  n++ uninstalled.

• Gryphonvere

Gryphonvere - 2006-07-13

You uninstalled because of random joke crap in a subsection on the website that you have to _try_ to get to?

o_O

Enjoy vi or Notepad... or *shudder* EDIT.COM.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I think we should just ban fun, humor, and underwear all together, that'll fix everything!  Don, if you still even look at this thread, thanks for notepad++ I wish I could help out in the coding dept. but I'm just too new right now. This tool has made a HUGE difference in all my Comp Sci classes!

Luke

• Nobody/Anonymous

I don't see how it is funny.  It's not appropriate.  I'm unistalling it as well.  I will not comprimise moral principles just because you do.

• Nobody/Anonymous

EVERYONE WHO WEARS UNDERWEAR IS IMMORAL, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS THOSE THAT SELL IT! THE END IS NEAR!!!

• DooGie

DooGie - 2006-07-16

What's wrong with you? Most peeps wear underpants, what's so wrong about underpants with N++ on them.

• tom hirashima

tom hirashima - 2006-07-18

the great thing about Nobody/Anonymous is that one person can keep replying to a thread to try and make it look like their opinion is being supported by multiple people. hooray for no accountability!

(tounge firmly in cheek)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Pooh, hey, don't make us untrusty now!!! There goes my good faith in people, instead of some stupid anonymous God (how stupid CAN one be?)...

What keeps YOU from creating any number of supposedly unanonymous accounts to state support for your own opinion?

HELP!!! I A-M GOING CRAZY!!!

AND I LIKE IT!! IT'S NOT NORMAL!!

• lorax1284

lorax1284 - 2006-07-19

Hey, Nobody. Where do you work? I don't suppose I could boycott them on your behalf? I really can't stand companies with management that takes their personal right-wing morality and try to impose it on the staff.

I suppose you work at some kind of faith-based organisation?

Well, it's their morality, let them suffer by having to pay you extra salary to get the same amount of work done using a text editor developed by someone who is "sexually repressed".

Think of it this way: the same mind that created that 'appalling' page is the one that crafted this wonderful application.

If you can't find a similarly powerful, wonderful application created by someone whose morality is more in line with that of your employer, I'd have to logically conclude that the mentality behind your employers morality is inferior to that of Mr. Ho.

Despite your opinion of Mr. Ho's sense of humour and implied sexual morality, Mr. Ho has enriched the lives of the users of Notepat++. I find most people and organisations with morality like that of your employer deminish the quality of life. It's almost like their mission statement: "Keep people who don't agree with me from having a good life, because I don't want to hear about it, or know about it, or think about it."

Tell you employer "no thanks" on my behalf, and also, enjoy the extra salary they have to pay you because they force you to use less efficient tools. Success is the best revenge.

1 2 3 .. 5 > >> (Page 1 of 5)