Menu

Saving

2006-10-06
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Great editor, with tons of potential.  However, I am very, very, very frustrated that EVERY time I go to save a document, the default "Save To" folder is the application directory.  I would think that this would be a basic thing - to automatically go to the last saved directory when saving a file.

Now, when creating a bunch of source files, I have to navigate through a very complex directory structure EACH and EVERY time I want to save the file.  Super annoying.

• Nobody/Anonymous

As a workaround I'm opening an old file (Menu 'Files').
      Than you can take Ctrl+O to open the same dir.

Andy

• Nobody/Anonymous

Second that - it's driving me mad! Apart from that, great tool.

• pshute

pshute - 2006-10-25

You could try making some shortcuts to the areas you'd prefer to save in, and save them in the application directory.  I'd prefer if it used the current or working dir, but at least this will save you a lot of browsing. Start the shortcuts' names with an underscore so that they appear at the start of the list, to make them quick to find.

I've noticed that *sometimes* it does use the working dir.

Another idea for improving this behaviour would be for the Save As dialog to include a list of favourites.  Gimp does this and it's extremely handy.

• Nobody/Anonymous

This was working in a previous version, but seems to have been broken when the dialog was upgraded.