Menu

How to keep window maximized?

2006-09-19
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

How do I keep N++ maximized?
    Whenever I open a next file in an already open N++ through a filemanager the window goes from maximized to normal and so smaller.
    Is this a bug or can I change some hidden option?

• pshute

pshute - 2006-09-28

It doesn't do this for me (v3.8).  Can you describe exactly what you do to make it happen?

I opened the program, then opened a file.  Then in Ztree I told it to edit another file.  That just runs notepad++.exe with the filename as a parameter. It just opens another tab and the window stays maximised.

I don't have any file associations set for notepad++, so I can't test it by double clicking in Explorer.  If that's what does it, perhaps there's a problem with the file association.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have N++ opened and maximized.

Let any other program call
        notepad++.exe $(FullPathOfFileToOpen)
        and the window will be restored. Maybe it is important to note that the dir of the file is set as working directory for that call.

It's not limiting the features of N++, but it usefulness, as I have to do an additional click for each file I open...

• Frigo

Frigo - 2006-09-19

I use 3.7, that stays maximized (notepad++ is binded to F4 in total commander), but its search function is buggy.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Don, Please make n++ stay maximized!

• Mateo1041

Mateo1041 - 2006-09-26

Include me on this list.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Please... make it stay maximized! Does anybody have  a patch for this?

• DooGie

DooGie - 2006-09-27

Admitted it can be a nuisance but it's hardly a major conern considering the excellence of the programme as a whole.
        Still it would be nice to have it fixed ;-)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Is it possible to keep window maximized when opening a second file?