Menu

Breakpoints Ignored

johnnyl
2006-07-20
2013-03-15
  • johnnyl

johnnyl - 2006-07-20

I've been looking through some of the posts about this issue, but I still haven't found an answer.

Whenever I import something that isnt part of the standard python library or a jar (I'm having this issue with jython) it causes the breakpoints in the rest of the program to be ignored. For example, you can set breakpoints and step through the execution of a script up until the import statment, and after that line is executed the debugger ignores all future breakpoints. If I comment out the import statment (i.e. from foo import * ) the debugger functions correctly. I'm using PyDev 1.0.6

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2006-07-21

Well, I remember that issue, but I think it should be closed in later releases... have you tried updating pydev?

Cheers,

Fabio

• Syphius

Syphius - 2006-07-26

Hello!

I have the same problem, I use the version 1.2.2 of pydev and the version 3.2 of Eclipse (with jdk and jre 1.5). There is strange problem, most of breakpoints are ignored but sometimes they work...
        I have lots of modules and packages, but it seems to work when the breakpoint is in the module I execute...

Could you help me?

• Syphius

Syphius - 2006-08-07

Hi!

I found the problem:
      this code work:

FILE: TEST/TEST2.py:
      def f():
      print "bob"
      BREAK POINT HERE >>> print "bob"
      print "bob"

FILE: TEST.py
      from TEST.TEST2 import *
      f()

this code doesn't work (breakpoints ignored):

FILE: TEST/TEST2.py:
      def f():
      print "bob"
      BREAK POINT HERE >>> print "bob"
      print "bob"

FILE: TEST.py
      from TEST.TEST2 import *
      import psyco
      psyco.full()
      f()

So it seems to be psyco that doesn't work well with breakpoints (I use psyco 1.51)...

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2006-08-07

Well, I don't think that's a bug, but the way that psyco works... as it compiles the code at runtime, that code will no longer be interpreted (and so it will not be executed inside of the debugger anymore).

Cheers,

Fabio