Menu

Problem wit Outpost Firewall

2006-07-14
2013-03-15
  • Studio Akne

Studio Akne - 2006-07-14

I have the known problem with code completion (it freezes my Eclipse). It is caused by Outpost Firewall which blocks something but I don't know what. I have added python.exe to "Trusted Programs" and now there is nothing in the log viewer. If somebody is using PyDev on Windows with Outpost, please tell me, what kind of activity should I allow in the firewall rules.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2006-07-15

Well, 1st thing: did you try executing it with the debugger stopped? (it might be that you have spaces in your eclipse install or something else -- there's a bug reported for it, and I'm trying to fix it for the next release, and it may or may not be your problem).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Fabio Zadrozny

Oops, sorry, I said debugger, but I meant firewall there... so, have you tried it with your firewall completely disabled?

• Studio Akne

Studio Akne - 2006-07-15

Yes, I have. With the firewall disabled everything works fine.

Best regards.

s.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Well, the ports pydev uses 2 ports for code-completion, one in the range from 50000-55000 and another from 55001-60000, connecting at 127.0.0.1, so, if you have both, java and python able to use those ranges in the localhost, you should be fine (sorry, no specifics on Oupost Firewall).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Studio Akne

Studio Akne - 2006-07-15

I have enabled this range of ports for local connections of java and python with no success. It seems that something else is blocked in the background. I think the problem is with communication between pydev/java/eclipse and Outpost Firewall (because Outpost blocks a kind of activity without asking the user as it usually does).

Anyway thanks for your help. I'll also try to ask Outpost support.

Best regards.

s.