Menu

css, html color coding?

2006-01-08
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

When I use these code types in one file, in N++, only one of the code types is color coded.
    ie. when I'm writing an html file, and have a portion for css, the css is not color coded as the html is.
    Anyone know why?
    Anyone got the same problem?

• Paulius

Paulius - 2006-01-08

This is a known limitation of Scintilla component.
      When you have HTML languague, it only highlights HTML, JavaScript, PHP and ASP. Since Scintilla supports only up to four syntax modes - it is impossible to add anything else there.

• Nobody/Anonymous

ok, but would it be possible to choose which should be in this group of 4?
        i mean php+html+js+css for example....

• Nobody/Anonymous

"ok, but would it be possible to choose which should be in this group of 4?
          i mean php+html+js+css for example...."

That's exactly what I want too. I don't use ASP but PHP instead, and I would like the CSS in my PHP documents to be highlighted.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Is it possible to edit it so that ASP isnt highlighted but CSS will be in its place?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Any word on this? I'd like to edit a file and have it support HTML, JavaScript, PHP and CSS instead. I'm not sure many are gonna use ASP and PHP, so it'd be nice to edit what 4 we want.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Agree with above comment. Would be very nice.

• Nobody/Anonymous

bump

• Nobody/Anonymous

I absolutely agree.

Is it possible to have an option or something so that you can switch between:
      1. PHP, HTML, JavaScript and CSS
      2. ASP, HTML, JavaScript and CSS
      3, 4, 5 ..... Probably stuff like ASP.NET, HTML.... etc as well

That would be neat.