Menu

Multi Monitor - Window Resize/Restore Bug

2006-01-06
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Since I use a 2nd monitor, i´m unable to resize or restore the Notepad++ window, because it doesn´t show up.
    The window shows only up, when i maximize it. ;(

Please Help !

Versions used: 3.2 to 3.4

• Don HO

Don HO - 2006-01-07

I can do nothing about it, since the donation doesn't allow me to have the 2nd monitor and the appropriated graphical card to test it :)

The ones who have such equipment are welcome to fix this bug.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

thx for the reply!
      I have solved it, by replacing the config-files in %Appdata% with the default files.

maybe you should implement a check for the right window-positions. (the window appeared in the nonvisible area)

working with a 2nd monitor is very usefull especially for learning and programming. (a grafikcard that supports this cost about 40€)

PS: please show me that clause(link), that doesn't allow you to use a 2nd monitor. (i find that very strange)

• Paulius

Paulius - 2006-01-07

> PS: please show me that clause(link), that doesn't allow you to use a 2nd monitor. (i find that very strange)
        :)
        I think Don wanted to say, that he doesn't have a second monitor and that his card can only work with a single monitor. So, unless someone donates him a monitor and a card that supports two monitors - he won't be able to fix this bug.

> working with a 2nd monitor is very usefull especially for learning and programming.
        Can't argue with that... Unfortunately, just like Don, i only have one monitor and a card that doesn't support second monitor... :/

> I have solved it, by replacing the config-files in %Appdata% with the default files.
        You don't realy have to replace all files - it is enough to edit the file "config.xml", Look for the tag: NotepadPlus/GuiConfigs/GuiConfig with the attribute name="AppPosition".