Menu

Still Getting "Source Not Found"

Help
2005-12-15
2013-04-15
  • Bocephus Williams

I believe I've got it properly installed - I can pull up the Windows->Preferences->Java->Jadclipse dialog, for example.

I took an existing project and copied over a class file from its actual directory to a new "package" that I created, called "jadTest". 

I modified the .class extension to have the Jadclipse editor as default, and it does show up before Class File Viewer on the list.

I doubleclick on the .class file and I still get the standard Class File Viewer.

I am using Eclipse 3.1.0 and Jadclipse 3.1 and jad v1.5.8f.

A couple of questions.  I tried to remove the Class File Viewer from the extension and couldn't.  When you select it the "Remove" button doesn't become ungreyed.  Is this normal?

Also, just to see if I could get it to break in a different way, I tried changing the path to the decompiler in the preferences dlg, and I get the same result.  I've tried the jad decompiler from the command line and that produces a .jad file which looks like appropriate java.

Lastly, I've tried bringing up eclipse from the command line with the "-clean" option, since I've seen online that that seems to clear up certain problems.

Any ideas?

(Thanks in advance.)

• kshen

kshen - 2005-12-23

My situation is very similar with yours,
      I have the same problem.

• kshen

kshen - 2005-12-23

Another important thing to keep in mind:you have to Add the to-be-decomplied class files to your project: 1.open the properties of your project 2.Java Build Path-->Libraries--->add external jars

If you just importthe to-be-decomplied class files,you will likely to get the following infomation: "Source not found.There is no source file attached to the class file."