Menu

Launch Date

2005-06-14
2013-06-04
  • chris gilbert

chris gilbert - 2005-06-14

Does anyone know why the launch date attribute of a content page can no longer be added or updated during authoring?

It is available in Aplaws 5.2 authoring interface under basic properties, and the data model still exists in Aplaws plus. It is useful as it is an editable date that all content types have that specifies when the article is relevent (especially useful if the items are to be output as news items on the home page).

Is there an alternative in Aplaws plus? Should we be using one of the metadata fields?

Thanks, Chris......

• Oli

Oli - 2005-06-14

Yeah,
      I always thought that the newsDate field within Newsitem was the only one where you can alter the date of relevance.
      Like within content item list on the portal page, if you list newsitems and instead of sorting with id you sort with newsDate desc, it will give the newest first, cant do this on articles tho??

Oli

• chris gilbert

chris gilbert - 2005-06-17

No problem after all - it is configurable. Just set com.arsdigita.cms.hide_launch_date=false

Chris.....

• Phil Collins

Phil Collins - 2005-06-17

Hi Chris,

Do you use this for ordering the content types by date? If so I presume you also have to amend the XSL templates.

Are there any other ways you use the launch date field?

If there are any other useful configuration options you're aware of can you let me know what they are or if they're documented where they're held.

Thanks,

Phil

• chris gilbert

chris gilbert - 2005-06-20

Hi Phil,

I am using this for a personalised news portlet I have written - For non logged in users, it displays any items that are categorised under the news rss category. For logged in users it retrieves items according to the rules that have been implemented.

I know some people use the object list portlet for displaying a selection of items, and so I guess this attribute could be useful there provided, as you say, the launch date is transformed.

I keep finding configuration parameters that solve the 'problems' I come across. I should have learnt by now to have a look there first when I find unusual behaviour - often things that were enforced in 5.2 Aplaws are now configurable but switched off by default. I think it is well worth having a copy of the output from ccm get --all to hand to refer to.

Regards, Chris......