Menu

APLAWS+ 1.0.2 sub-category problem

ADC Mark
2005-04-04
2013-06-04
  • ADC Mark

ADC Mark - 2005-04-04

Can no longer assign categories below root level when creating new articles now that we have upgraded to version 1.0.2

Instead of showing a little + next to the category that, when clicked expands to show sub-categories, a little - is all that is displayed.

Is there a way of fixing this?

• Oli

Oli - 2005-04-05

Mark,
      i have the same problem , i just found it - if the categorys were created before 1.0.2 you  can click on the + to drop down, but as soon as u create a sub-category with 1.0.2 you cant see it.

Oli

• Aingaran Pillai

Aingaran Pillai - 2005-04-05

Ok, so this is on an upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2? or on a new installation of 1.0.2?

• Oli

Oli - 2005-04-05

mines an upgrade from 1.0.1

• ADC Mark

ADC Mark - 2005-04-06

This problem was on an upgrade too. So to check, I unistalled APLAWS and did an install of 1.0.2 from scatch.

With just the default install and no content, everything works fine. I went to the admin/terms section and removed the /portal/ context from the Aplaws Navigation List and added it to the Local Custom Navigation to set it as the default navigation tree. Added some root terms and this too, works as expected.

Finally, added sub-categories to the root terms and tried to create a test article. Again, when trying to assign categories to it, you can't expand the root categories to select sub-categories.

It's as if the assign categories section only queries below root for the default APLAWS Navigation List.

Where is this query and how can it be tested?

Cheers

Mark

• Oli

Oli - 2005-04-18

Is this going to be added to the bugs? its really buggin me. :)
      i only have 2 categories because i can add any more now since i upgraded.

cheers
      Oliver

• Aingaran Pillai

Aingaran Pillai - 2005-04-18

Please feel free to register it as a bug. I am looking into it. Will let you know more once I've done so.

• ADC Mark

ADC Mark - 2005-04-18

Thanks Ainga. Good luck with it. Because we're using APLAWS only for the intranet at the moment I've downgraded to version 1.0.1 just so that we can continue to put content into the system. Look forward to your findings.

Mark

• Oli

Oli - 2005-04-26

Mark,
      did you create the category in Terms or in Content Center/Categories...
      if you use Terms to do this it works, i had been using the latter and it was causing the problem.

thanks to Ainga and Fabrice :)

Olie