Menu

adds to romdb (scc+)

General
2005-02-05
2013-04-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello.
    I'm trying to add SCC+ games roms to the db, but I dont't know its <romtype>.
    I first try "scc+" (really?), sccplus, or konami5+, without any luck. Reading the configs at "extensions" folder, tried "expanded" and "snatcher", with the same result.
    You can help me?

TIA,
    /jugaor

• Manuel Bilderbeek

SCC+ converted game ROMs? I guess they use the normal Konami SCC mapper. Try KONAMI5 as mapper.
      Note that the next version of openMSX will have a new name for this mapper: "Konami_SCC"

• Nobody/Anonymous

I tried it, the problem is that using KONAMI5 as mapper will disable the enhanced SCC+ music! Enabling the second cart with SCC+ doesn't work, neither. :(

It's strange that you have not heard of the SCC + roms before, since all the others emulators support them (in nlmsx, the music is partial), and even they figure in the TOSEC lists.
      A few: Antartic Adventure, Pippols, Rice, Rice 2... (I assume all the games in the Komani SCC+ Games disks, converted to ROMs).

/jugaor

• Manuel Bilderbeek

There is no SCC+ mapper type. The idea of those ROMs is that you load them into the RAM of the SCC+ cartridge. This has to be done by an MSX software tool. You can find one here: http://bifi.msxnet.org/ Go to Downloads and then Miscellaneous.

Note that Konami5 has been renamed to Konami_SCC in openMSX 0.5.1 (to be released soon).