Menu

Bug: Slowwww...to start N++ (Last Open Files)

2004-11-26
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Bonjour,

If I have one, or more, last open files, located on a remote server with slow network connection.  It take a really long time to start N++.

Why does N++ need to connect to all my last open files each time I start it?!?

To resolve the problem, I put zero (0) in the maximum number of last open files.  N++ now always start really fast!

Wish you resolve the problem...the list of last open files is always great to have!

Bye!

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-11-28

Bonjour,

> Why does N++ need to connect to all my last open
      > files each time I start it?!?

Notepad++ checks the last opened files list each launch time to make sure that the files exist. If not, they are removed from the list.

That's the way the error management of Notepad++ is done. I won't change it, sorry.

@+

Don

• Piero Filippin

Piero Filippin - 2005-01-20

And what about an option to disable this feature?
        I usually edit files located in different shared folder (belonging to different servers), so sometimes notepad++ take A LOT to load.
        Now I have reduce the lenght of the recent files to a minimum, but this clearly is not a solution.

A nice solution to this problem could be to check for file existence in an asyncronous way, so notepad++ would start immediately but the entries on the menu are added one by one as the file existance is verified...

• Don HO

Don HO - 2005-01-25

> And what about an option to disable this feature?

It's done in v2.7.

Just uncheck the menu item :
          "Settings->History Files Setting->Don't check them at launch time"

Don