Hi,
I'am trying to configure traffic stats, but I can't make them work. The graphs are all the time yellow. I have ppp0 as external interface, and eth1 as internal.
Here is my traffic config:
STYLE="bytes"
SWAPIO="no"
SCALE="-1000"
DEV="eth1,12500000,12500000,100 MBit Ethernet"
DEV="ppp0,64000,16000,512/128 kBit PPPoE"
Kernel 2.4.23+grsec patches
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
I've checked the logs, and I found lots of following errors:
TRAFFIC: unable to update `ppp0.rrd': not a simple integer: '970245131'
TRAFFIC: unable to update `eth1.rrd': not a simple integer: '4086888122'
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
Anonymous
-
2004-01-23
I am receiving the same errors in the error log. This is a new install on a server and has been exhibiting this failure since the beginning.
Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
The "not integer" error is produced by rrdtool, maybe Tobi has some ideas on it, because in MY Opinion a number like "970245131" definately IS an integer ;)
Maybe the integer range is internally exhausted?
Naah... those two numbers are definately still at least in the 32bit range. And i can't imagine why the compiler should use 16bit integers here...
Would be nice to know what the phrase "simple integer" exactly means...
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
Anonymous
-
2004-01-26
Your response got me to thinking about the rrdtool version. I had downloaded the latest version from Tobi's site (1.0.46). So, I snagged an older version from one of my other servers (1.0.41) and installed it.
Swapped out the BINPATH variable, restarted rrdgraph, re-ran the diagrams in data-traffic and the traffic graphs started to work.
Something is amiss in 1.0.46 of rrdtool.
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
Some "RRDs::update ..." lines were ending with a "\n" character, especially in the traffic module. Older versions of rrdtool obviously didn't bother, but newer ones seem to be a bit more picky about the syntax. I thought changed those lines in all modules some time ago, but it seems that i've missed some...
I adapted them and now it works again on newer rrdtool versions. The changes are in the developer CVS now, i checked them in about 10 hours ago, they will be propagated to public CVS soon.
If you would like to refer to this comment somewhere else in this project, copy and paste the following link:
Hi,
I'am trying to configure traffic stats, but I can't make them work. The graphs are all the time yellow. I have ppp0 as external interface, and eth1 as internal.
Here is my traffic config:
STYLE="bytes"
SWAPIO="no"
SCALE="-1000"
DEV="eth1,12500000,12500000,100 MBit Ethernet"
DEV="ppp0,64000,16000,512/128 kBit PPPoE"
Kernel 2.4.23+grsec patches
I've checked the logs, and I found lots of following errors:
TRAFFIC: unable to update `ppp0.rrd': not a simple integer: '970245131'
TRAFFIC: unable to update `eth1.rrd': not a simple integer: '4086888122'
I am receiving the same errors in the error log. This is a new install on a server and has been exhibiting this failure since the beginning.
Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?
Strange...
The "not integer" error is produced by rrdtool, maybe Tobi has some ideas on it, because in MY Opinion a number like "970245131" definately IS an integer ;)
Maybe the integer range is internally exhausted?
Naah... those two numbers are definately still at least in the 32bit range. And i can't imagine why the compiler should use 16bit integers here...
Would be nice to know what the phrase "simple integer" exactly means...
Your response got me to thinking about the rrdtool version. I had downloaded the latest version from Tobi's site (1.0.46). So, I snagged an older version from one of my other servers (1.0.41) and installed it.
Swapped out the BINPATH variable, restarted rrdgraph, re-ran the diagrams in data-traffic and the traffic graphs started to work.
Something is amiss in 1.0.46 of rrdtool.
Okay, i located the bug!
Some "RRDs::update ..." lines were ending with a "\n" character, especially in the traffic module. Older versions of rrdtool obviously didn't bother, but newer ones seem to be a bit more picky about the syntax. I thought changed those lines in all modules some time ago, but it seems that i've missed some...
I adapted them and now it works again on newer rrdtool versions. The changes are in the developer CVS now, i checked them in about 10 hours ago, they will be propagated to public CVS soon.