Haicom CF on Zaurus

GPS units
2003-02-12
2003-12-21
  • Schoemer, Joerg

Schoemer, Joerg - 2003-02-12

Hi out there
    I've bought a Haicom CF card but it doesn't work with the my Zaurus :-(
    Is there a limitation of the CF slot of the Zaurus?

best regards
    Joerg

• Schoemer, Joerg

Schoemer, Joerg - 2003-02-14

I think the device is broken, in an iPAQ the LED is active in a loox or zaurus not.
      And the card doesn't catch any satelite.

thx

• Bob Green

Bob Green - 2003-02-14

Try

cardctl resume

• Nobody/Anonymous

I bought a HaiCom 303MMF .. and it works (only a little bit reluctant). I dropped it in my Z5500 with SR3.1 und LED said nothing. Than, i gave some short power impulse through PS/2 powered serial power cable and it came up. All next session, if i inserted -- no power. But a "cardctl resume" waked the device! SR2.38 requires patch (see qpegps) SR3.1 dont do! qpegps 091 hangs on start; starting on terminal, pressing Ctrl-C will interrupt gpsd which is than started again -- all is fine!

Just gave it a chance -- the dual-use factor CF and serial is worth it!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hey all!

If a haicom HI-303MMF and used it on a Loox 600 with TomTom Navigator 2 SW. Runs well if Pocket Windows stop all good plans. Now I tried to run the Haicom on my sl-5500G (ROM 2.38G/Kernel 2.4.6). The running LED starts when the card is fixed ointo the slot. But i'm not able to get a gps SW into contact with the card.
      Anybody knows a SW or a way to make it run?

Thanks

• Peter Smith

Peter Smith - 2003-11-17

first of all, the card will work with an sl5500 as I use one in mine.

take a look here, to see if this helps :-http://www.zaurus.com/dev/board/index.php?showtopic=6586

IF you get stuck let me know and I will try to help you further.

Peter

• Nobody/Anonymous

I just got my Haicom 303 MMF GPS CF card. It works on my Zaurus with OZ3.2 Opie 1.0.2 running qpeGPS 0.9.1

The only thing I have to do was adjusting the gpsd settings (tab GPS) from ttyS0 to ttyS3.

I just used it today to measure the speed of the S-Bahn in Berlin (it's 60 kmh :-)

• Martin Henning

Martin Henning - 2003-11-25

heyas, bin auch in berlin :) meld dich ma!

.martin

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks for the info!  The HaiCom 303MMF might be what I am looking for.  As a side note, I would also like to use this in my laptop running Linux.  Has anyone tried that?  Thanks
      fsanders@carolina.rr.com