Menu

OpenDCL 4.1 Debuts

2007-08-05
2012-12-08
  • Owen Wengerd

Owen Wengerd - 2007-08-05

I've uploaded Alpha 1 of OpenDCL 4.1. There have been some major internal changes in 4.1 in order to support the x64 platform. In addition, I have done quite a bit of work at fixing memory and resource leaks. These are invasive changes that almost certainly broke some things that were working fine in 4.0, and there are more such changes planned during the alpha phase. Therefore, please use 4.1 only for testing, at least until the major changes are completed.

Aside from some bug fixes, 4.1 should appear and behave identically to 4.0. You might notice that form and control lisp symbols are now entity names instead of integers. The same is true for event handler arguments that represent a Windows handle of any kind; those are now represented as entity names. Note that they aren't really entity names (and can't be used as such), but the entity name storage type can hold 64-bit pointers on the x64 platform, so they made convenient containers for anything that represents a memory location.

I did find and fix numerous memory and GDI resource leaks in 4.1, so if you've noticed your AutoCAD session running out of resources after showing numerous forms (or after showing the same form numerous times), 4.1 should fix that problem.

Finally, your OpenDCL Studio 4.0 installation's update check will *not* notify about 4.1 because stable/released versions are tracked separately from development/pre-release versions. If you install a pre-release build of OpenDCL Studio 4.1, it will notify you when new pre-release builds of 4.1 are available. Likewise, once 4.1 is released as a stable build, 4.0 will detect that an update is available.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2007-08-06

Look'en good on this end. Even the Grid example is now working :)

• Kerry Brown

Kerry Brown - 2007-08-08

I've just noticed that evaluating the varNames return an Entity Name rather than an integer.
      ie ; something like <Entity name: b3656f0>

I must have missed this change , has it been documented somewhere ?

The 'Intelligent Help' (Browser) documents the return value for the Form_Show as 'Integer Dialog Status' .. should this be changed.

The 'Intelligent Help' (Browser) documents the Form_Close as
      (dcl_Form_Close 
          [Optional] DialogStatus [as Integer])

... without a VarName and without a 'Copy to Clipboard' Button.

/// kwb

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2007-08-08

... without a VarName and without a 'Copy to Clipboard' Button.

Ya these are missing on my end also, bug report...

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2007-08-08

Ummmmm, Owen documented it in his post.
      https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4449008
      Second paragraph, second sentence.
      I'm guessing the mth's shouldn't be changed until 4.1 becomes a stable build, or else we'll have to start keeping separate version of the mth's...

• Kerry Brown

Kerry Brown - 2007-08-08

>> Second paragraph, second sentence.

Thanks Barry,
        DUH ! I couldn't see the wood for the trees ..