Menu

0.68 (torrentspy) <---> 0.65 differences

Ran Golde
2005-11-09
2013-04-16
  • Ran Golde

Ran Golde - 2005-11-09

Is 0.68 (torrentspy) official ?
    If so why the adware and what else is changed (changelog or so) since 0.65 ?

10'x,

Ran

• superontvetter

superontvetter - 2005-11-09

Erm, which 0.6.8? What adware?

• Ran Golde

Ran Golde - 2005-11-09

http://torrentspy.com/rufusdownload.asp

Win32/Adware.WhenUvvsn application.

• superontvetter

You have to wait for an awnser from Doc, but i can tell you already that that rufus version is a rufus rip-off and has nothing to do with Doc and this forum.
      So i guess you are placing the questions on a wrong place.

• Ran Golde

Ran Golde - 2005-11-09

torrentspy claims that Rufus is now their official torrent client (try looking at any torrent details at their site).
      I've sent the link for download via torrentspy.
      The "Rufus 0.68" (which I've installed and cleaned the adware (which by the way is not available for remove via add/remove programs - just a simple delete of it's installation dir - make sure you've a FW which will block it).
      Their "Rufus" home page (under help) send to the "true" Rufus home page ...

• superontvetter

ATM Doc has issues with his computer, i hope he reads this topic soon cause i doubt that Doc likes this all going on.

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-11-09

Hey,

You are right,  I'm not liking this.  Monk2000 gave me a heads up in an email and I'm now trying to sort it out.  I don't want Rufus associated with adware at all. 

Here is what is happening:
      I'm affraid to say that this is partly my fault - Torrentspy's client is the prebeta 0.6.8 which I had released to a few people for testing as I wanted to make sure that the fast resume was working correctly. 

In this version I also added some code to allow for an image and text to be inserted into Rufus allowing it to be branded - this was requested by torrentspy as they wanted to release Rufus with their logo on it which I had no problems with at the time.

I personally loath adware and it makes me cringe to think that it has been bundled with Rufus. I had no idea that they were going to include adware with their install and have contacted the TorrentSpy admins and am trying to sort it out. 

Also as superontvetter said, I'm having computer problems at the moment - I dropped my laptop (main Rufus dev environment) and am waiting on a new motherboard.  It should be here any day now.

I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers

d0c

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-11-15

Hey,

I've posted information to remove the adware that comes with the TorrentSpy version of Rufus on the home page and haven't really had any constructive responses to my e-mails from the TorrentSpy admins.  I've asked them to repackage it and I'll leave it at that.  I don't want to waste time arguing my point, I just want to get on with development... 

... which brings me to the good news - my laptop is up and running and I can now get back to coding!  A new version will be out over the weekend.

Thanks

d0c

• superontvetter

superontvetter - 2005-11-16

I stand behind you Doc. If he doens't want to show some respect to you and your program than that's his problem.