# WebKit The WebKit
. Adobe AIR allows web developers to deploy rich Internet applications on the desktop. Our plan is to contribute our changes back to the WebKit community in the near future. We are currently working on getting the code smoothly integrated into the WebKit source tree. We hope to make our contributions included in the WebKit open source project soon. In the meantime, we are participating in the conversation at http://webkit.org/contact.html
. So, if you have any questions or concerns, please email us at the webkit-dev mailing list
The Dreamweaver CS5 HTML5 extensions at [Adobe Labs] are tied to some minor changes in Webkit.
Updates to Webkit for HTML5/CSS 3 Support: - Enable support for and tags
- Enable text-shadow on Win and Mac
- Enable box-shadow on Mac
Webkit source containing these changes are available as a [zip file here]
Also, please visit the Adobe AIR product page
#### Project Plans
* We hope to integrate our changes back into the WebKit source repository at webkit.org soon.
* In the long term we expect that the WebKit shared library will not contain any platform specific code. For the near term, WebKit will have platform specific code to rasterize vector graphics generated by the HTML renderer to bitmaps. On OSX, we use CoreGraphics and on Windows we use Cairo Source for WebKit. Our modification can be found within the Perforce depot. See below for login details:
* Firefox and Safari: Webkit Perforce depot
* IE: Webkit Perforce depot
; use "webkit_view" for the login and password