Significant changes from Maxima 5.9.1 to 5.9.2,
in no particular order.
Magnitude of changes varies widely.
* Parser is now entirely case sensitive, built-in keywords and variables are all lowercase only
* Regularize case in printed messages
* Improved TeXmacs interface, 2-d input
* Moved nset (finite set functions) into Maxima core
* Ported Mersenne twister rng to Maxima core
* English reference manual revised (form and content)
* Reference manual translated to Spanish and Portuguese
* Additional tutorial documents
* Discrete plots (for plot2d)
* Enhancements to tensor packages (Atensor, Ctensor, Itensor)
* Replaced Airy functions with much more extensive implementation
* Revisions to Bessel functions
o Bessel functions with real order and complex argument can be evaluated numerically.
o bessel_j can be computed for negative real order.
* Revisions to gamma function
o Gamma function can be numerically evaluated for complex arguments.
* Revisions to elliptic functions
o Bugs 1165488 and 908185 fixed.
o Fixed issue where many of the routines were returning single-float results instead of double-float when given rational args.
o elliptic_f with complex args can be numerically evaluated.
o Other inverse Jacobi routines can be evaluated at complex points.
* Extensive revisions to hypergeometric functions
o Adjusted routines to return the new names for the Bessel functions (like bessel_j instead of %j).
o Similarly, any orthogonal polynomials now use the naming conventions used by the specfun orthogonal polynomial package.
o Corrected many errors in implementation.
o Some missing internal functionality added.
o Bug 1155241 fixed.
o Bug 1097915 fixed.
o Branch cuts for various relationships between hypergeometric functions and Legendre functions were implemented or corrected.
* Revised kill function (fixed several bugs, helps test suite run correctly)
* Revised code to run test suite
* Display noun forms 'for and 'if correctly
* Display if -- then -- elseif correctly
* Adjust placement of newlines between output lines
* Establish configuration variable *MAXIMA-TEMPDIR*, make use in plotting
* Cleaned up autoload declarations
* Source code lowercase
* Regularize use of packages in Maxima core
* Misc code cleanups incl. sloop -> ANSI loop, rename private let and let*
* New share files:
share/defstruct.lisp: define structured objects, also multiple assignment
share/contrib/descriptive/: descriptive statistics
share/contrib/diffequations/tests/: several new tests
share/contrib/distrib/: probability distributions
share/contrib/plotdf.lisp: direction field plotting
share/contrib/sarag/: real algebraic geometry
share/contrib/state/: state variable equations
share/contrib/unit/: units of measurement
share/contrib/Zeilberger/: hypergeometric summation
share/linearalgebra/: linear algebra
share/numeric/interpol.mac: Lagrange polynomial interpolation
share/tensor/: many new examples
* Other bug fixes:
590222 (power series)
1052308, 1036900 (limit)
1179646, 1110733, 1070509 (tex)
1173788 (prefix, postfix, nary, matchfix, nofix, and infix)
1290386, 1156759, 1107784 (plot2d)
808772, 808772 (realpart)
1103687 (compile_file, translate_file)