As well as patches from Anders, this commit includes some older changes
that hadn't been checked in. Those are to finish off the original TSD management
scheme which will now start to be replaced by John Bossom's implementation.
Anders' description of his changes:-
Fixes the problem with
`TryEnterCriticalSection' on w95 systems. Instead
of directly calling `TryEnterCriticalSection' it
tries to get a pointer at DLL startup and only calls
the function if it exists. See ChangeLog for things
1998-12-05 Anders Norlander <email@example.com>
* implement.h (_pthread_try_enter_critical_section): New extern
* dll.c (_pthread_try_enter_critical_section): New pointer to
TryEnterCriticalSection if it exists; otherwise NULL.
* dll.c (PthreadsEntryPoint):
Initialize _pthread_try_enter_critical_section at startup
and release kernel32 handle when DLL is being unloaded.
* mutex.c (pthread_mutex_trylock): Replaced check for NT with
a check if _pthread_try_enter_critical_section is valid
pointer to a function. Call _pthread_try_enter_critical_section
instead of TryEnterCriticalSection to avoid errors on Win95.
Sun Nov 15 21:24:06 1998 Ross Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* cleanup.c (_pthread_destructor_run_all): Declare missing void * arg.
Fixup CVS merge conflicts.
Fri Oct 30 15:15:50 1998 Ross Johnson <email@example.com>
* cleanup.c (_pthread_handler_push): Fixed bug appending new
handler to list reported by Peter Slacik
(new_thread): Rename poorly named local variable to
Sat Oct 24 18:34:59 1998 Ross Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* global.c: Add TSD key management array and index declarations.
* implement.h: Ditto for externs.
Fri Oct 23 00:08:09 1998 Ross Johnson <email@example.com>
* implement.h (_PTHREAD_TSD_KEY_REUSE): Add enum.
* private.c (_pthread_delete_thread): Add call to
_pthread_destructor_run_all() to clean up the threads keys.
* cleanup.c (_pthread_destructor_run_all): Check for no more dirty
keys to run destructors on. Assume that the destructor call always
succeeds and set the key value to NULL.