in jedit_fr.props:18, there are 2 'é' characters in the comment
the dummy catalog is saved using default encoding (jEdit.java:1401), but the XML preamble doesn't specify an encoding (arround jedit_fr.props:18) so when the catalog is parsed you get an error because Xerces tries to load it as UTF-8.
Steps to reproduce:
- on windows, with default platform encoding being windows-1252.
- start jedit with fresh settings
- set locale to French
- remove fresh JEDIT_SETTINGS/modes directory
- start jEdit
- a new JEDIT_SETTINGS/modes/catalog containing the accented chars is created
- restart jEdit: you get an exception in the activity log
Eric Le Lay ( kerik-sf ) - 2012-08-22 13:18:51 PDT