ZNC is an IRC bouncer with many advanced features such as a built-in web interface, persistent connection (detaching), multiple users, per channel playback buffer, SSL, IPv6, transparent DCC bouncing, and c++ module support, to name a few.
- Highly powerful and flexible module system with dozens of modules available
- Very active community in #znc on EFnet (also on freenode but less active)
- Handles multiple users in one running process
- Multiple irc clients can connect to a given user
- Plays back channel text when your client connects
- Built-in webadmin interface for configuring using a browser
- Fully IPv6 and ssl compatible between.. client <-> ZNC <-> irc
- Bounce DCC chats and transfers through ZNC to stay anonymous
- iPhone PUSH support for mobile colloquy and prowl (via modules)
- *twitter module for watching searches/mentions/etc and sending tweets
- You can /detach #annoying_chan to have ZNC to stay in the channel but hide it from your clients
- Can load modules to authenticate off of IMAP or SASL, or write one to use your own custom system
- Has a *partyline module for talking in channels with other users on your same ZNC instance
- Has modules to change your nick when you're detached, keep trying for your primary nick, rejoining channels on kick, etc. etc.
very easy to use
good job znc
znc is great@!