0 A.D. (pronounced "zero ey-dee") is a cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare. It's a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of ancient civilizations, each depicted at their peak of economic growth and military prowess.
- Completely Free (to download, play, and modify)
- Open Source (Code under GPL2, Artwork under CC-BY-SA v3)
- Cross Platform (Windows, Linux, OS X, partial Android support)
- An Open Source, custom built 3D Engine called Pyrogenesis
- Historically accurate civilisation buildings, units and names
- Built-in unit and map customisation tool called Atlas
- Finely detailed environments with fauna/flora native to each terrain
- Offline single player mode or LAN/Online multiplayer gaming
- Mods support (drop in replacements to create new UI and game behaviour)
This game is every good, but when i when on i was expecting a small tutorial on how to control the game and when i was attacked by the computer, it seemed unfair due to the amount of warriors that come at once. however the game itself was brilliant and very detailed, i would commander this to friends!
Great! Could use a tutorial to help get started, but other than that great features! For anyone with problems not seeing their mouse, try to navigate your way to the options, and select windowed mode, this will make your mouse visible. I was easily able to do this as I have a touch screen.
I have a problem to load
My kind of a game..very promising but needs work!
Brilliant work, you guys deserve a solid 5. Looking forward to the beta!