0 A.D. (pronounced "zero ey-dee") is a cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare. It's a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of ancient civilizations, each depicted at their peak of economic growth and military prowess.
- Completely Free (to download, play, and modify)
- Open Source (Code under GPL2, Artwork under CC-BY-SA v3)
- Cross Platform (Windows, Linux, OS X, partial Android support)
- An Open Source, custom built 3D Engine called Pyrogenesis
- Historically accurate civilisation buildings, units and names
- Built-in unit and map customisation tool called Atlas
- Finely detailed environments with fauna/flora native to each terrain
- Offline single player mode or LAN/Online multiplayer gaming
- Mods support (drop in replacements to create new UI and game behaviour)
I've been watching this project for some years and it is coming along nicely. I haven't had time to check it lately, but now I noticed they are beginning an Android port. I can't wait to see how that works out. I'll be keeping an eye on that now, as well.
Doesnt work properly with my macbook pro retina 15" nVidia. The cursor of the mouse is somewhere and something else gets selected on the screen. So cant do anything once the game starts. To quit it, I had to restart the computer as the game dint even allow me to switch between programs or press Cmd+Q. The game does look promising on windows.
I have a problem to load
My kind of a game..very promising but needs work!
I want to contribute finding some mistakes that maybe has your program . Do you agree to cooperate for best version of your program? Yours faithfully , please answer soon !!!