0 A.D. is a free, open-source, cross-platform real-time strategy game.
0 A.D. (pronounced "zero ey-dee") is a cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare. It's a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of ancient civilizations, each depicted at their peak of economic growth and military prowess.
- Completely Free (to download, play, and modify)
- Open Source (Code under GPL2, Artwork under CC-BY-SA v3)
- Cross Platform (Windows, Linux, Mac, partial Android support)
- An Open Source, custom built 3D Engine called Pyrogenesis
- Historically accurate civilisation buildings, units, and names
- In-built unit and map customisation tool called Atlas
- Finely detailed environments with fauna/flora native to each terrain
- Offline single player mode or LAN/Online multiplayer gaming
- Mods support (drop in replacements to create a new UI and unit behaviour)
this game looks very cool and ive had an eye on its progress for some time. One thing that really looks weird to me is when a group of units change formation/direction... Some units move so fast! It seams a litle unnatural..The battle animations ,on the other hand, look quite good!
One of the very best open source software. With very advance features.
Great game! and most importantly - free!
One of the best strategy game.The graphics reqiurmnents are a bit on high side.It can compete stronghold crusaders.
Awesome game! thx