Zebra_Datepicker is a small, compact and highly configurable date picker plugin for jQuery, meant to enrich forms by adding a datepicker functionality. It works by automatically adding a calendar icon to the indicated input fields, which users can then click to open up an inline date picker. Users can easily jump between months and years due to the intuitive interface and finally, the selected date will be entered in the input field using a specified date format.
- it is small – it weights around 11KB minified
- it’s compact – unlike most date pickers, this one is one-file only
- it’s cross-browser – works in every major browser; also, it works in Internet Explorer 6 (where it uses an iFrameShim so that it stays above select controls)
- it looks good and it’s easily customizable through the style sheet file
- offers an intuitive interface for users to navigate fast and easily through months and years
- offers an intuitive mechanism for disabling dates and date ranges through a syntax similar to cron syntax
- supports defining of custom weekend days for countries that don’t have the weekend on Saturday and Sunday
- supports most of date formats you can think of, borrowing the syntax from PHP’s date function
- supports future-only or past-only calendars
- supports internationalization
- works with single text inputs to which it attaches a small calendar icon that displays the date picker when clicked
Be the first to post a review of Zebra_Datepicker!