YAAC is a general-purpose open-source client application for accessing the Amateur Radio APRS (Automatic Packet Reporting System) network over either radio links or the Internet (via the APRS-IS backbone).
- connects to the APRS network over RF and Internet links
- displays geographically mapped station and object locations over OpenStreetMap and terrain elevation maps
- communicates with standard TNC's from several vendors
- can function as a fixed or mobile station, an I-Gate, and/or a digipeater
- communicates with standard GPS receivers and popular weather stations
- can fully function for emergency operations while disconnected from the Internet
- also transmits and receives the next-generation OpenTRAC protocol
Be the first to post a review of Yet Another APRS Client!