XVR developer studio 2.0
XVR Developer Studio is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) which helps
the programmer in creating and managing XVR projects, authoring the script code
and compiling the script in a bytecode format ready to be executed on the XVR
Virtual Machine. The programmer can choose to run the project either in a
browser using the ActiveX interface or using the stand alone XVRGlut application
shipped together with the IDE. This new version of the IDE also includes a
debugger that allows to improve the programming experience with XVR.
XVR Developer Studio 2.0 has been developed on top of Eclipse Helios (SR2).
It represents a totally brand new product, fully customized and aimed at
offering a complete tool for the development of XVR S3D scripts.
You need a Java 1.6 VM or later installed.
The IDE contains all the tools needed to start developing XVR applications.
It also provides a set of templates to create new projects.
The IDE can be installed either via a dedicated executable or via a zip archive,
both available on the SourceForge project page.
================== Release 2.0.9b ==================
Changelog Upgrading from release 18.104.22.168b
- Remote XVR streaming (experimental)
- A project could refer one or more other projects. In that case once the
project is build/run the action is performed also on the referred
- Added progress bar during build/run/debug
- Added progress view.
- Files external to the project can now be debugged.
- Workspace selection/creation dialog has a new layout
- A new preference page, General --> Build, has been added.
On this page you can specify whether you want that your changes are
saved without notice.
- Two new wizard which creates HTML pages for xvr.
- A new wizard which creates txt documents.
- Navigator contextual menu revamped (and greatly simplified).
- Subclipse plugin has been updated to the new 1.7 SVN version
* The delete button now works correctly inside the file editors
* Fixed bug in the compiler which did not resolve the path of the included
resources which remains not accessible when debugging.
================== Release 22.214.171.124b ==================
Changelog Upgrading from release 2.0.8b
- New version of XVRGlut(build 0153-6965) with new features and bug fixes
(see http://wiki.vrmedia.it/index.php?title=Engine_0153 for details)
- New version of the XVR help with the added functionalities.
- Fixed bugs in compiler.
- Added two new key bindings:
* F3 : find next
* SHIFT + F3 : find previous
================== Release 2.0.8b ==================
Changelog Upgrading from release 2.0.7b
- MAJOR: Real-Time collaborative editing has been introduced!: The Saros
Project (see http://www.saros-project.org/) has been added to the IDE.
"Saros is an Eclipse plugin for distributed collaborative text editing
that can support arbitrarily many participants at once."
Through Saros, the editor allows multiple users to work togheter at the
same XVR project in realtime.
- The menu bar generation has been refactored.
- Added move and rename participant to take care of changes made to the
- The navigator view title has been changed from "XVR Navigator" to
"Workspace" and the way projects are now sorted based on their time
Various BUGs FIXED:
* Due to a wrong keybinding, "DEL" key did not work in editors.
* ifdef, ifndef, else and endif preprocessors statements caused errors in
the editor when placed inside "composite" statements such as
switch, if, for. etc..
* hyperlinks in the compile view can now open files external at the
workspace. The problem was related to a known XTEXT problem (see
* when an active s3d/html file is moved, the builder properties are updated
with the new location of the file.
* IsFunction() declaration restored in Script3d.h
================== Release 2.0.7b ==================
Changelog Upgrading from release 2.0.6b
- The IDE has been updated to Indigo.
- Xtext 2.0 is now used to generate all the stuff related to the grammar(s3d
editor, s3d validation, s3d syntax highlighting, etc)
- The outline view has been improved providing groups for different
* Defines and Sets
* Function definitions
* Fucntion implementations
- Added basic code completion functionalities.
- Removed backtracking from the grammar generator(MWE2).
- The compiler console adds links also to warnings and FATAL ERRORS.
- Added two new entries in the navigator contextual menu to:
* remove, *****but not delete from the file system*****, resources from
* add existing resources to the navigator.
- Removed unused functionality belonging to eclipse from the console
Various BUGs FIXED:
* fixed almost all the errors and warnings generated by the grammars thanks
to syntactic predicates available in Xtext 2.0.
* fixed wrong syntax highlighting of function calls
================== Release 2.0.6b ==================
Changelog Upgrading from release 2.0.5b
-The editor now provides syntax highlighting
- The consoles management has been revamped. The editor can now show
UP TO THREE CONCURRENT CONSOLES (you can select the active console using
the dedicated icon):
o the first one is dedicated to display the results of a project
o the second one displays the messages coming from Virtual machines
launched inside the editor
o the third one is used to display the messages coming from an XVR
Virtual Machine launched outside from the editor
- Compilation error can now be navigated! (The errors works as hyperlinks)
- The outline view has been finished by adding tree entries for:
- instance variables
- instance method declaration
- instance method constructor and destructor
- instance method implementation
- SET variables
* global variables
- all the global variables in the file
* function declaration
* function implementation
- The dialogs displayed when you create new resources have been simplified
to display just XVR project's related files.
- Changed the workbench preference page to allow users to select the
excutable among the choices of XVRGlut, Internet Explorer or XVRFullScreen
- Changed the XVR project properties pages. The user can now:
* Add multiple include directories, besides the default one which
can not be changed.
* Add specific parameters for XVRFullScreen executable
(XVR GLUT already supported in 2.05).
- When one or more projects are removed and just a project remains in the
workspace it is automatically set as active.
- Added javahl win32 library plugin to remove alert messages of subclipse
- Line number visible by default
Various BUGs FIXED:
* the grammar did not provide empty array initialization
* removed the setting of the debug flag to avoid the editor starting a new
debug session when a previous launch failed.
* removed dependency from msvcr80.dll(visual c++ redistributable)
* removed iteration in the enablement expression of XVR action providers
* solved bug causing CPU cycles comsumption after multiple external XVR
instances has been launched.
* when a project is removed when being set as active, it is deactivated
* when an active project is renamed is updated also the active project name.