A compact editor for building XSL templates and testing their transformation with XML documents. Very easy to use. No setup required, excellent tool for XSL authoring and debugging.
- Standard text editing functions: copy/paste, find/replace, bookmarks, etc.
- XSL and HTML synatax highlighting - There is smart selection of highlighting: for XML, XSL and HTML types of documents. You can designate your own color set.
- Possibility to open many documents both types (XML and XSL). You can process several data XML files through one XSL transformation, or on the contrary - to design several stylesheets and try how they work on a single XML
- XSL transformation. One window contain XML, the other one XSLT. Transform them to the result in the third window. XSL transforms can be tested easily using one click or one press while developing. Transform testing is designed to be as quick as possible.
- Preview in the built in web browser. Documents can be viewed in XML or HTML view. This is useful for running transforms that generate HTML using the popular XML -> XSL -> HTML approach.
- Text normalizer to make a neat indented tree out of the XML loaded into the editor.
- Possibility to pass the input parameters to the transformation
- XPath query analizer. Enter an XPath expression and browse the list of the nodes it selects. An XSL query tool enables XPath queries to be built up and tested against XML documents and an XPath copy function allows users to highlight a tag in XML and retrieve the XPath expression that would be required to reach that tag.
- The library of XSLT elements and often used XML structures is available for insertion during design making the tool a good editor for XSL transform authoring.
- There are not any opensource XSL transform tools that I am aware of that offer this lightweight fast XSL development ability. Some of the commercial variaties do offer similar features however, they tend to be more elaborate to set up and use. XTrans is a very lightweight tool that is targeted at the XSL developer. XTrans is a mature application that has been available for several years and gone through several versions.