Standalone backup of VMWare ESXi vSphere virtual machines to datastore or differential over TCP/IP. No agents, self capable, runs in the hypervisor host, ESXi 5.1, ESXi 5.5 & ESXi 6.0 compatible, hot backups.
Version 4.3.0 available
XSIBackup copies your virtual machines to a datastore in your local or remote ESXi. E-mail report, automatic provision of backup space for each virtual machine by deleting the older backups, has its own crontab constituting a fully unattended backup solution.
- Works with ESXi Free version.
- Command line tool with real time output. Self contained, no dependencies, runs in the hypervisor.
- Hot backups, no downtime.
- Unattended backups of ESXi servers.
- Automatic provisioning of space by deleting the older folders.
- Detailed report of all the backup process per virtual machine (speed, shutdown, boot, space provisioning, times, etc...)
- Cron programmable.
- Automated backup of VMware ESXi virtual machines
- Hot backups with no downtime
- Detailed e-mail report
- Automatic provisioning of space on the backup disk when full
- Cron programmable
What if there are several disks on a different datastores ? seems like the script finds them all but cloning to the backup location only the last one found as the others are overwritten by it. if that's the case, then this is bad. correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks
It works very well and the reactivity of the author seems to be great. A must have !
Pretty good software,as every others it can be better. Support is great.
This is a good concept and program Definitely only for those that understand the command line, it has a way to go for development, but it's exactly what we need to backup ESX with. Use with an eSata attached disk for external backup - excellent !
Very nice script