XOWA is a desktop application for reading and editing Wikipedia offline
- Displays all articles from Wikipedia without an internet connection
- Works with any Wikimedia wiki, including Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikisource, Wikiquote, Wikivoyage
- Works with any non-English language wiki such as French Wikipedia, German Wikisource, Dutch Wikivoyage, etc.
- Works with other specialized wikis such as Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikispecies, or any other MediaWiki generated dump
- Renders articles with full HTML formatting
- Downloads images and other files on demand
- Updates your wiki whenever you want, using Wikimedia database backups.
- Sets up Simple Wikipedia in less than 5 minutes
- Navigates between offline wikis (click on "Look up this word in Wiktionary" and it will open your offline version of Wiktionary)
- Edits articles
- Installs to a flash memory card for portability to other machines
- Can be customized at many levels: from keyboard shortcuts to HTML layouts to internal options
- View the HTML for any wiki page
- Search for any page by title using a Wikipedia-like Search box
- Browse pages by alphabetical order using Special:AllPages
- Find a word on a page.
- Access a history of viewed pages
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
lol where else are you going to get an offline browser that does all this? ;)
I want to download not the whole wikipedia, rather just a category, but in several languages, keeping enabled all the different types of hyperlinks, images, tables etc. so that I can edit the articles, saving the changes, and eventually print it. I'd like to create a file resembling an ebook, where I could see the bookmarks of all the subcategories. Can this be done with Xowa ? If not, what would be the best alternative? Thank you in advance!