A Logo interpreter and programming environment specialized for schools.
It is a revised version of XLogo, published on http://xlogo.tuxfamily.org/.
The Logo dialect is almost the same as Xlogo's, but some Logo commands were reimplemented to fit with the new programming environment and workspace. Some commands which were buggy in the original XLogo have been fixed. The interpreter works now more efficient due to the usage of more suitable data structures. The output of turtle graphics is now smoother and more appealing due to different rendering settings.
Various features have been added to support better user experience and satisfaction in schools.
The new GUI parts are available in
If you would like to make the application available in your language and if you would like to contribute, please contact us.
* * * * * * * * * * * News * * * * * * * * * *
The X4S Manual is now available on the files page.
- Have multiple workspaces (a class room...)
- Of which each can contain multiple users or projects
- Which all have common settings and will be managed in the same directory
- Optionally, workspace management and settings access can be password protected
- Each user space or project can have multiple files which are visible to its owner
- Automatically recognize external drives (USB sticks) for easy workspace creation.
- It is possible to Search Procedures by name among the files
- All changes to Logo source files or settings are automatically saved
- The Contest/Record Mode allows to track the programmer's behavior. Intended for research purposes, and also to simplify conducting programming contests in schools.
- More accurate error messages
- Change speed of the turtle using the slider on the main window as your program is being interpreted. Allows to observe critical parts of your turtle graphic programs even better.
Be the first to post a review of XLogo4Schools!