XGAP stands for "Xml - Generador de APlicaciones".
The primary goal of XGAP is to assist the programmer in the repetitive and common coding tasks. That's why XGAP concentrates more in specifying an application than in programming it. You program a web application using XGAP by creating a set of XML files that describe it. Those XML files are taken by the generator and the PHP files are created by means of XSLT sheets.
XGAP was born in 2003 at the UNICEN University as a tool for creating web applications for the intranet.
At first, the platform was PHP and PostgreSQL. Nowadays generated applications work with PostgreSQL or Oracle databases, but all ADOdb databases can be supported.
DISCLAIMER: Right now XGAP is /not/ internationalized or localized. All messages are written in Spanish and assumes Argentinian locale.
- Creation of listings, add/remove/modify forms for the tables of the database, master-detail forms, charts
- Pop-up selection listings
- Automatic paging of listings
- Basic/Advanced search filters
- Automatic and custom report generators (ODT, PDF, RTF, CSV)
- Client and/or server-side validation of user input
- HTML editor included
- Security: users, roles, permissions
- Code extension points, useful to solve custom application needs and business rules
There are no 3 star reviews.