Current version: XChan 2.5B
- Due to .NET framework being shitty and downloading empty images I added a checking function that auto deletes the file and re-downloads them
- Added a board downloader
There's probably bugs somewhere, but use it properly and you shouldn't encounter any.
P.S - This is most probably the last update I'll make on this project.
Current version: XChan 2.5
Here's the tl;dr:
I'm a lazy guy, 4chan changed its source so I eventually had to update the program.
I've rewritten it in C# and added multithreading (each thread is downloaded on a seperate process thread).
I haven't had any time to actually test for bugs so apologies for that.
Lastly, this is working with 4chan ONLY at the moment. I might update it and add other boards later.
A final note: Any version prior to 2.5 will not work with 4chan (I cannot confirm about the other boards as I no longer use them)
- Automatically rechecks threads for new content after downloading
- Supports a number of different Chan based boards
- Quick, efficient and easy to use
- Downloads threads (including images, thumbs, scripts and .css) with the .html
- Saves thread URL list on shutdown and reloads list during start up
Please fix this!! can't find another program that saves pics and thread in the same time!!
Great program (When it is working properly) The latest update to the 4chan servers has utterly BROKEN this program Its one that I use every day and would be glad to pay for it if it meant that it would work all the time
doesn't seem to work for other image boards or image board archivers like: >URLs in reviews are prohibited. archive.installgentoo.net/g/thread/39999722 . and: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S39999722 . so not so good
simple, and just works. thank you