X Certificate and Key management is an interface for managing asymetric keys like RSA or DSA. It is intended as a small CA for creation and signing certificates. It uses the OpenSSL library for the cryptographic operations.
- Start your own PKI and create all kinds of certificates, requests or CRLs
- Import and export them in any format like PEM, DER, PKCS#7, PKCS#12
- Use them for your IPsec, OpenVPN, HTTPs or any other certificate based setup
- Manage your Smart-Cards via PKCS#11 interface
- Export certificates and requests to a OpenSSL config file
- Create Subject- and/or Extension- templates to ease issuing similar certs
- Convert existing certificates or requests to templates
- Get the broad support of x509v3 extensions as flexible as OpenSSL but user friendlier
- Adapt the Columns to have your important information at a glance
I've only been using this a few days and it has been really easy to set up and get going. Cross-platform, easy to use and import and safe too. I'd love to see some reporting type capabilities. For now, we can sort and such which really helps with certificate expiration but I cannot even see how many certificates I have without manually counting. This doesn't detract from the functionality, just something to make it more useful.
Fast, native, C++, lots of features. But mediocre icons :) PS: It would be nice to have link to this project page in the About dialog.
If you need to create certificate requests for other CAs, or want to start your own CA, this is currently the best free GUI tool to do it.