A national virtual bridge engineering contest with prizes for age 13 to grade 12, but anyone can enter. Based on the award-winning West Point Bridge Designer client software, now open source through this project. Web site infrastructure supports worldwide participation in qualifying and semifinal rounds with a tiny administrative staff. The new Rails back end is a RubyMine project. Thanks to JetBrains for this mega development environment!
- Design a virtual bridge and compete nationally for scholarships or a computer!
- Learn about engineering and design.
- Have fun testing and improving your designs with your friends.
- Teachers, school districts, states! Run your own contest with our support.
- Cool game quality animation of bridge test with OpenGL.
- WPBD 2013+ code-signed for your computer's safety and Windows 8 and Mac 10.7+ security compliance!
- We're gearing up for the first contest with the new Rails-Heroku back end!