A national virtual bridge engineering contest with prizes for middle and high school kids, grades 6 to 12, but anyone can enter for fun. Based on the award-winning West Point Bridge Designer client software, now open source through this project. Web site infrastructure supports worldwide participation in qualifying and semifinal rounds with a tiny administrative staff. The new Rails back end is a RubyMine project. Thanks to JetBrains for this mega development environment!
- Design a virtual bridge and compete nationally for scholarships or a computer!
- Learn about engineering and design.
- Have fun testing and improving your designs with your friends.
- Teachers, school districts, states! Run your own local contest with our support.
- Cool game quality animation of bridge test with OpenGL.
- WPBD 2013 & 2014 are code-signed for your computer's safety and Windows 8 and Mac 10.7+ security compliance!
- The first contest with the new Rails-Heroku back end is this year, 2014!
- Volunteers welcome. We have work to do in OpenGl, Rails, Android and iOS!